This Week On ‘Global Currents’…
“Polygamy’s Lost Boys”
Saturday, October 21st at 7 p.m. ET/PT (60 mins.)
Polygamy’s Lost Boys follows three young men from Fundamentalist Mormon communities in Bountiful, British Columbia, and Colorado City, Arizona in their struggles to build normal lives in the outside world. Like Peter Pan’s lost boys, they are cast out, or have left on their own accord and are marooned without family, social skills and little education. Caught between a volatile political clash between their Church’s two leaders, Warren Jeffs in the U.S. and Winston Blackmore in Bountiful – the former arrested by the FBI and the latter investigated by the RCMP – the boys make life-changing choices that will ultimately transform them into mature, adult men and rock the Church that devalued them.
About ‘GLOBAL CURRENTS’: Global National’s Kevin Newman hosts this critically acclaimed documentary series committed to revealing extraordinary perspectives and issues affecting all Canadians. Each one-hour, independently-produced documentary represents the talents of Canada’s best socio-political, environmental, humanist and scientific documentary filmmakers.
Other documentaries in the series include:
* The Stamp Fishery: Loss of a Dream – October 28
* Somba K’e – The Money Place – November 4
* DecAIDS: Anything is Possible – November 11
* 100 Days of Freedom – November 25*
* Damage Done: The Drug War Odyssey – December 2*
* Rich Nation – December 9*
* Thin Ice – December 16*
* New date
Broadcast schedules are subject to change.
Latest posts by Diane Wild (see all)
- Exhibitionists exposes arts programming to CBC - October 9, 2016
- The age of abundant consultation - October 5, 2016
- Chris Haddock finds the heart of The Romeo Section for Season 2 - October 5, 2016