This Week On ‘Global Currents’…
“DecAIDS: Anything is Possible”
Saturday, November 11th at 7 p.m. ET/PT (60 mins.)
DecAIDS: Anything is Possible brings viewers behind the scenes of Canada’s hottest fashion fundraising event – Fashion Cares – a renowned, annual gala in support of the AIDS Committee of Toronto. In its 20 th year, Fashion Cares have raised nearly $10 million to date and continues to generate more awareness about HIV and AIDS. The documentary follows the event’s mastermind, artistic director Phillip Ing, as he planned and executed his final Fashion Cares show this year. Ing reflects on the challenges and triumphs organizers have faced in the last two decades to earn credibility, respect, and acceptance in a world not entirely comfortable with the growing visibility of the gay community.
About ‘GLOBAL CURRENTS’: Global National’s Kevin Newman hosts this critically acclaimed documentary series committed to revealing extraordinary perspectives and issues affecting all Canadians. Each one-hour, independently-produced documentary represents the talents of Canada’s best socio-political, environmental, humanist and scientific documentary filmmakers.
Other documentaries in the series include:
- 100 Days of Freedom – November 18
- Damage Done: The Drug War Odyssey – December 9
- The Diaries of Friedrich Kellner – December 16
Broadcast schedules are subject to change.
Latest posts by Diane Wild (see all)
- Exhibitionists exposes arts programming to CBC - October 9, 2016
- The age of abundant consultation - October 5, 2016
- Chris Haddock finds the heart of The Romeo Section for Season 2 - October 5, 2016