From CanWest MediaWorks:
CanWest MediaWorks Announces “In Production” and “Spring 07” Premiere Slate For Original Programming
New and Returning Drama Series Including FALCON BEACH Season 2 Premiere, Fridays at 8 p.m. ET/PT beginning January 5, 2007 THE BEST YEARS From Writer/Creator Aaron Martin
CanWest MediaWorks today unveiled details on its premiere slate of original programming in production for 2007 – an exciting roster of new and returning series and documentaries across its conventional and specialty networks – delivering on its commitment to producing the most unique and innovative programming on the Canadian television landscape.
In all, CanWest’s wide-reaching original programming palette for 2007 includes seven scripted series now in production – including the sophomore return of steamy summertime drama, FALCON BEACH and the premiere of THE BEST YEARS; 78 hours of factual entertainment currently commissioned and in production; 35 featured documentaries now airing or in production, plus an additional 10 original series (124 hours) of original content across CanWest’s specialty networks.
“This new slate of programming provides Canadian TV viewers with the finest in content and choice, combining the momentum of our returning successes FALCON BEACH and THE JANE SHOW with strong, engaging new series and documentaries,” said Christine Shipton, Vice-President, Original Programming for CanWest MediaWorks. “We’re delighted to work with our producing partners to develop and deliver programming that’s sure to resonate with audiences.”
CanWest’s 2007 original programming rollout begins with the second season premiere of international hit FALCON BEACH (13 x 60 min), Friday, January 5, 2007 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on Global Television. Other diverse series in production and set to premiere in Spring 2007 include:
- Season Two of acclaimed, observational workplace comedy THE JANE SHOW (13 x 30)
- THE BEST YEARS (13 x 60), a campus-life drama from writer/creator Aaron Martin (Degrassi: The Next Generation)
- DA KINK IN MY HAIR (13 x 30), a heart-warming series based on the popular stage play
- LOVE YOU TO DEATH (13 x 30), a black-comedy anthology starring cult filmmaker John Waters
- PAINKILLER JANE (22 x 60), a sci-fi stunner starring Kristanna Loken (Terminator 3) and Rob Stewart
- DURHAM COUNTY (6 x 60), an intense police drama starring Hugh Dillon and Justin Louis.
Also in production: second seasons of the Debbie Travis-led FROM THE GROUND UP, cuisine competition THE NEXT GREAT CHEF and the compelling cosmetic surgery exposé VANITY INSANITY. New documentary series include VERY BAD MEN, examining seedy, real-life criminals and PRETTY DANGEROUS, which profiles femme fatales who commit crimes for cash.
Exclusive new content for CanWest’s specialty networks includes commercial culture favourite AD PERSUASION, TV trivia gamer INSIDE THE BOX, and quirky news of-the-world showcase THAT NEWS SHOW.
Latest posts by Diane Wild (see all)
- Exhibitionists exposes arts programming to CBC - October 9, 2016
- The age of abundant consultation - October 5, 2016
- Chris Haddock finds the heart of The Romeo Section for Season 2 - October 5, 2016