A CTV media release:
Melody and melodrama collide in Part Two of Instant Star’s second season, premiering Sunday, May 27 at 7:30 p.m. ET on CTV and on CTV HD East/West (visit CTV.ca to confirm local broadcast times). Leaving sweet 16 behind her, singing sensation Jude Harrison (Alexz Johnson) faces a new set of challenges in six all-new episodes. Instant Star will air Sundays at 7:30 p.m. ET following encore episodes of the hit series Degrassi: The Next Generation. Following the completion of Season Two, the third season of Instant Star will premiere in July on CTV.
Each week, the new episode of Instant Star will be made available following its television broadcast, on demand on The CTV Broadband Network at CTV.ca, beginning Mondays at 9 a.m. ET. There, viewers can also catch up on all seven of this season’s previously aired episodes.
In the summer season premiere entitled “Hallelujah” (May 27 at 7:30 p.m. ET), Jude is getting ready to release her sophomore album and is determined to have a normal, non-famous, non- drama 17th birthday with her friends and family. But fate has other plans when Jude faces family upheavals and she finds herself locked in an unusual setting with Tommy.
In other upcoming episodes:
– “Problem Child” (June 3 at 7:30 p.m. ET) – Jude’s never been a stellar student, but when she fails music, she’s stunned. Sent to visit an elementary school to do damage control, Jude faces down her biggest fans. When she gives one budding songwriter some questionable advice, Jude can’t help but wonder if it is possible to be both a terrible student and an awful teacher?
– “Mother’s Little Helper” (June 10 at 7:30 p.m. ET) – Sadie and Jude’s latest feud is interrupted when they find out their mom is selling their childhood home. Jude’s sure it’s her mother’s new boyfriend Don that is the bad influence. A shaken-up Jude flees the situation and spends time with boy-next-door Jamie. Just when things couldn’t get any worse, Jude discovers her money’s missing. Has someone actually stolen it?
– “(Just Like) Starting Over” (June 17 at 7:30 p.m. ET) – Jude’s giddy with victory because she’s finally finished her sophomore album! Too bad Darius thinks it’s missing something. Forced to reconsider some old songs she wrote on tour, Jude realizes she has some big decisions to make about music and love.
– “Date With the Night” (June 24 at 7:30 p.m. ET) – Everything’s coming up Jude! Her album’s finished, she’s getting the funkiest record release party in town, and she could swear Tommy just asked her out on a date. It’s almost too much for one rocker girl to take, so when the unthinkable happens, Jude has no recourse but to take off.
Over the past year, Instant Star has continued to gain international recognition. As a result, CTV’s original Canadian drama series is now seen in over 121 countries – from the United Kingdom, Australia and Finland to Venezuela, Swaziland and Macedonia – in addition to Canada and the United States. Instant Star viewers all around the world are now following the rock n’ roll life of Jude Harrison as she deals with her fame. Instant Star’s international sales mirror the same worldwide success as CTV’s Degrassi: The Next Generation.
Latest posts by Diane Wild (see all)
- Exhibitionists exposes arts programming to CBC - October 9, 2016
- The age of abundant consultation - October 5, 2016
- Chris Haddock finds the heart of The Romeo Section for Season 2 - October 5, 2016