From a media release:
Little Mosque on the Prairie-The Complete First Season-Now Available on DVD in Stores November 13
- Bonus features include series creators’ commentary and candid interviews with key cast members
The inaugural season of Little Mosque on the Prairie, Canada’s breakthrough series produced by WestWind Pictures in association with the CBC, will be released on DVD in Canada on November 13, 2007 by Morningstar Entertainment.
Little Mosque on the Prairie debuted in January 2006 with stellar reviews and huge national and international attention. The series focuses on a small Muslim community in the fictional prairie town of Mercy, Saskatchewan many of whose residents are wary of their new, more exotic neighbours. The sit-com reveals that, although different, we are surprisingly similar when it comes to family, love, the generation gap and our attempts to balance our secular and religious lives. The new season of Little Mosque on the Prairie airs Wednesdays at 8 p.m. on the CBC.
“Morningstar is proud to present the complete first season of CBC’s popular and innovative series,” says Jason Moring, VP Sales & Marketing for Morningstar Entertainment. “Little Mosque has made a major impact on the cultural landscape of Canada and the world. Consumers will not only love watching the hilarious episodes, they’ll learn more about the making of the production and will hear and see unique perspectives on its success from producers, cast and crew.”
“We are very excited to make the series available on Home Video, says Mary Darling, Executive Producer of the series, “the requests for DVD began pouring in with the airing of our very first episode. This DVD gives us another way to satisfy the appetites of our valued viewers.”
Produced in collaboration with WestWind Pictures, Morningstar Entertainment and CBC Home Video, the 200-minute, two-disc set features 5.1 surround audio, described video for the visually impaired and closed captioned for hearing impaired viewers. Bonus content includes:
- Extended interviews with cast members;
- Behind The Mosque: behind-the-scenes featurette of season 1;
- Under the Veil: Sitara Hewitt’s guide to the wardrobe department;
- Double Audio Commentary for Episode 1 with show creator Zarqa Nawaz and Executive Producer Mary Darling (version 1) and various cast members (version 2).
Little Mosque on the Prairie – The Complete First Season (2 Disc DVD) can be found at retailers across Canada and online at www.cbcshop.ca; available November 13, 2007. The DVD features all eight of the Season One episodes:
- Pilot: A small prairie Muslim community butts heads with locals when their new spiritual leader arrives.
- The Barrier: A battle of the sexes erupts when Baber decides to put up a barrier between the men and the women in the new mosque.
- The Open House: An open house meant to build bridges leads to unexpected consequences for both Muslim and non-Muslim communities.
- Swimming Upstream: Rayyan and her mother end up on opposite sides of the fence over co-ed swimming in the local pool.
- The Convert (2x Gemini-nominated episode) A new white convert at the Mosque causes problems for the community.
- The Archdeacon Cometh: Yasir’s overbearing mother visiting from Lebanon wants him to try something new – a second wife.
- Mother-in-law: A local fireman proves too hot to handle when Rayyan considers dating.
- Playing With Fire: The Muslim community steps in to help when Mercy Anglican faces financial ruin.
Little Mosque on the Prairie stars:
- Sheila McCarthy (Sarah Hamoudi) Being Julia, I’ve Heard the Mermaids Singing
- Carlo Rota (Yasir Hamoudi) 24, Queer As Folk, Il Duce, La Femme Nikita
- Zaib Shaikh (Amaar) Da Vinci’s City Hall, Deadzone, Doc
- Sitara Hewitt (Rayyan) Comedy Network’s You BET Your Ass, The Lookalike
- Manoj Sood (Baber) Da Vinci’s Inquest, Dead Like Me, Robson Arms
- Neil Crone (Fred)YTV’s Erky-Perky, Hollywoodland
- Arlene Duncan (Fatima) Puppets Who Kill, Degrassi: The Next Generation, Regenesis
- Debra McGrath (Mayor Popowicz) This Is Wonderland, Burnt Toast, Paradise Falls
- Derek McGrath (Reverend Magee) Star Trek: The Next Generation, Ellen, The Red Green Show
Latest posts by Diane Wild (see all)
- Exhibitionists exposes arts programming to CBC - October 9, 2016
- The age of abundant consultation - October 5, 2016
- Chris Haddock finds the heart of The Romeo Section for Season 2 - October 5, 2016