From a media release:
Citytv will premiere “Murdoch Mysteries”, a new one-hour weekly dramatic series based on Maureen Jennings’ critically-acclaimed mystery novels, Tuesday, January 22nd, 2008, on Citytv stations across Canada. The series stars Yannick Bisson (Sue Thomas, F. B. Eye) as Detective William Murdoch.
Broadcast Schedule as follows:
- Citytv Toronto: Tuesday, January 22nd – 8:00pm ET (repeats Saturdays at 8:00pm)
- Citytv Winnipeg: Sunday, January 27th – 8:00pm CT
- Citytv Calgary: Monday, January 21st – 8:00pm MT (repeats Saturdays at 8:00pm)
- Citytv Edmonton: Monday, January 21st – 8:00pm MT (repeats Saturdays at 8:00pm)
- Citytv Vancouver: Tuesday, January 22nd– 8:00pm PT (repeats Saturdays at 8:00pm)
Set in 1895 Toronto, “Murdoch Mysteries” explores the intriguing world of William Murdoch (Yannick Bisson, “Sue Thomas F.B. Eye”), a handsome young detective using radical forensic techniques, like fingerprinting and trace evidence, to solve some of the city’s most gruesome murders. Though his unconventional approach elicits ridicule from fellow officers and skepticism from his boss, Inspector Brackenreid (Thomas Craig, “Coronation Street”), Murdoch is often the only one who can crack the case.
Murdoch’s small circle of confidantes includes pathologist Dr. Julia Ogden (Hélène Joy, “Durham County”), a staunch ally who shares the detective’s fascination with forensic science and Constable George Crabtree (Jonny Harris, “Hatching, Matching and Dispatching”), Murdoch’s eager but inexperienced right-hand man. Both are valuable allies who help Murdoch solve his varied cases and traverse the many stratums of Victorian society.
“Murdoch Mysteries” is produced and developed by Shaftesbury Films in association with Citytv, a division of Rogers Media Inc., Granada International and UKTV, and with the assistance of the Canadian Film or Video Production Tax Credit, the Ontario Film and Television Tax Credit and the Canadian Television Fund.
Don’t miss the premiere of “Murdoch Mysteries” Tuesday, January 22nd, 2008, on Citytv stations across Canada. “Murdoch Mysteries” will be video described in all markets.
For further information on Citytv and “Murdoch Mysteries”, please visit www.citytv.com.
Latest posts by Diane Wild (see all)
- The legacy of Denis McGrath - March 24, 2017
- Crash Gallery returns for a colourful, chaotic second season - February 5, 2017
- Myth or Science: The Secrets of our Senses comes to The Nature of Things - January 18, 2017