Guy Dixon of the Globe and Mail interviews The Border executive producer Peter Raymont:
- ’24, but with a conscience’
“Depicting the task force as it hunts terrorist cells, smugglers and other kinds of bad guys out to exploit globalization to the hilt, the series’s editing is tight, the dialogue quick and the storylines play off the latest headlines. “We think of it as 24 with a conscience,” Raymont says. Read more.
From the Canadian Press:
- CBC’s eagerly anticipated ‘The Border’ premieres as U.S. shows in reruns
“With its fast pace, international scope and sleek production values, “The Border” should silence naysayers who gripe that the CBC can’t compete with the quality of the American shows that often trounce it in the ratings when they air on rivals CTV and Global.” Read more.
Nazneen Contractor plays the new kid on the Immigration and Customs Security (ICS) team Agent Layla Hourani. She is joined by her co-star Graham Abbey who plays her partner Gray Jackson.
Latest posts by Diane Wild (see all)
- Exhibitionists exposes arts programming to CBC - October 9, 2016
- The age of abundant consultation - October 5, 2016
- Chris Haddock finds the heart of The Romeo Section for Season 2 - October 5, 2016