From Richard Ouzounian of the Toronto Star:
- ‘Dark horse’ wins Maria role: Lloyd Webber lauds Vancouverite, 23, for `the most delicious quality when she sang’
“Elicia MacKenzie, the exuberant 23-year-old Vancouverite who went from what Andrew Lloyd Webber called “almost zero to hero” was the surprise winner last night as the CBC-TV program How Do You Solve a Problem Like Maria? came to a close.” Read more.
From Peter Birnie of the Vancouver Sun:
- Surrey resident wins Maria contest
“Problem? What problem? It turns out that the answer to the question posed in the CBC TV reality show How Do You Solve a Problem Like Maria? was waiting right here in the Lower Mainland all along.” Read more.
From Vanessa Farquharson of the National Post:
- Problem like Maria solved by Vancouver’s Mackenzie
“A wide-eyed and breathless Elicia MacKenzie — who just a few years ago was considering a career in massage therapy — officially landed the role last night of Maria von Trapp in the upcoming Mirvish production of The Sound of Music.” Read more.
From J. Kelly Nestruck of the Globe and Mail:
- How do you solve a problem like… Elicia?
“I though Janna Polzin had it in the bag. She had the look. She had the stage presence. She hit the centres of the notes when she sang. And, most importantly, she got the most votes last week.” Read more.
Diane is the founder of TV, eh? She loves books, movies, TV, science, space, traveling, theatre, art, cats, and drinking multiple beverages at the same time.
Latest posts by Diane Wild (see all)
- Exhibitionists exposes arts programming to CBC - October 9, 2016
- The age of abundant consultation - October 5, 2016
- Chris Haddock finds the heart of The Romeo Section for Season 2 - October 5, 2016