From a media release:
SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE CANADA is Fall’s No. 1 New Program
- YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE CANADA sets Benchmark for a Canadian series
- No. 1 New Series Overall and for Younger Viewers, Women and Urban Markets
- Becomes Most-Watched Program Overall on MuchMusic
Six weeks into the Fall Television Season, a Canadian series is making history. CTV’s SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE CANADA has “popped” its way to the top, becoming this Fall’s No. 1 new television series.* Attracting 47% more viewers than 90210, it’s the first time in memory that an original, homegrown production has claimed more viewers than American imports in the Fall Season.
After three performance episodes, the Wednesday night hit for CTV is averaging 1.36 million viewers, making it not only the No. 1 new program among total viewers, but in all key demos as well. The series performs particularly well among younger viewers (No. 1 New Series among A18-34 and A18-49), women (No. 1 New Series among F18-34 and F18-49) and in urban markets (No. 1 New Series in Toronto and Vancouver).
Latest posts by Diane Wild (see all)
- The legacy of Denis McGrath - March 24, 2017
- Crash Gallery returns for a colourful, chaotic second season - February 5, 2017
- Myth or Science: The Secrets of our Senses comes to The Nature of Things - January 18, 2017