From a media release:
FLASHPOINT Locks in Highest Audience Ever with 1.74 Million Viewers on CTV
- Delivers highest audience ever in U.S. and wins timeslot on CBS
- Becomes most-watched Canadian drama in a decade
- Doubles A18 -34 audience and goes up 37% for A25-54
CTV’s FLASHPOINT continues to hit the target, capturing its largest North American audience ever Friday night with 1.74 million viewers on CTV and 10.4 million on CBS. Friday’s episode of FLASHPOINT now becomes the most-watched Canadian drama in more than a decade and Canada’s most-watched original production since 2007.* Topping its previous high of 1.52 million set in September on CTV, FLASHPOINT was the most-watched program in Canada on Friday night in total viewers and all key demos and won its timeslot in the U.S.
Friday’s episode places FLASHPOINT firmly among the most-watched television series in Canada, ranking #7 among last week’s most-watched television programs and ahead of series like LAW AND ORDER: SVU (#8), ER (#9), NCIS (#11) and 24 (#13).**
A detailed analysis of Friday’s episode reveals that:
- FLASHPOINT delivered 34% more viewers than its 8 p.m. lead-in on CTV (GHOST WHISPERER, 1.3 million) and grew in its second half-hour.
- FLASHPOINT’s audience doubled among A18-34 versus last week’s episode and was up 46% among A18-49 and 37% among A25-54 and total viewers.
- FLASHPOINT was #1 at 9 p.m. in Toronto, Vancouver and Calgary.
- It was the best performance in the Friday @ 9 p.m. timeslot on CTV since February, 2005.
- In the U.S., FLASHPOINT (10.4 million) retained almost 100% of its lead-in GHOST WHISPERER (10.5 million), winning its timeslot and up 3% versus last week.
In this week’s FLASHPOINT episode, entitled “Haunting the Barn” (airing Friday, January 23 at 9 p.m. ET on CTV), when a former SRU cop snaps and storms the headquarters, intent on committing suicide, the Team is forced to use every trick in the book on a subject who knows all the tricks. And Ed (Hugh Dillon) is forced to confront a man whose future could very well be his own, if he doesn’t finally face his demons. Ron Lea (ANNE OF GREEN GABLES: A NEW BEGINNING), Brenda Bazinet (M.V.P.) and Pascale Hutton (INTELLIGENCE) guest-star.
Watch FLASHPOINT on demand on the CTV Video Player at CTV.ca.
FLASHPOINT is currently in production on 18 new episodes in Toronto. FLASHPOINT is produced by Pink Sky Entertainment and Avamar Entertainment in association with CTV and CBS Paramount Network Television.
Latest posts by Diane Wild (see all)
- Exhibitionists exposes arts programming to CBC - October 9, 2016
- The age of abundant consultation - October 5, 2016
- Chris Haddock finds the heart of The Romeo Section for Season 2 - October 5, 2016