GLOBAL AND NBC RENEW MADE-IN-CANADA PRIMETIME SERIES “HOWIE DO IT”
- 12 ADDITIONAL EPISODES OF HOWIE MANDEL COMEDY TO AIR IN SIMULCAST THIS SPRING
- SERIES HAS BEEN SECRETLY SHOOTING ON THE STREETS OF TORONTO SINCE EARLY JANUARY
Canwest Broadcasting today announced that its hugely successful original series “Howie Do It” starring Canadian superstar Howie Mandel has been renewed for 12 additional episodes by Global Television and NBC.
The hidden-camera series, shot on location in Canada, has been a Friday night ratings hit for Global in Canada and NBC in the US. “Howie Do It” features Mandel and his team of professional pranksters as they take to the streets and perform hoaxes and tricks on unsuspecting targets.
In a surprise twist, Global also revealed today that Mandel has been in Toronto since early in the new year secretly shooting new episodes.
“Due to its hidden-camera approach, Howie asked that we not announce the program’s renewal until he had completed shooting in Toronto,” said Christine Shipton, SVP, Drama and Factual Content, Canwest Broadcasting. “We are now thrilled to reveal that the series will be back and once again feature a stellar cast of unsuspecting Canadians. Howie and his crew are continuing to shoot in other parts of Canada.”
“Howie Do It”, a co-production with NBC, airs Fridays at 8pm in both Canada and the United States. The initial series order was six episodes.
Latest posts by Diane Wild (see all)
- Exhibitionists exposes arts programming to CBC - October 9, 2016
- The age of abundant consultation - October 5, 2016
- Chris Haddock finds the heart of The Romeo Section for Season 2 - October 5, 2016