From Gary Strauss of USA Today:
- With ‘Defying Gravity,’ Ron Livingston is walking on air
“Gravity focuses on eight astronauts on a six-year mission to explore the solar system, circa 2052. Though its space-travel premise skews toward sci-fi, Defying Gravity’s interplanetary setting serves as a backdrop for character-driven back stories, sexy romantic triangles and a mysterious plotline â€” or The Right Stuff mixed with Grey’s Anatomy and a bit of Lost.” Read more.
From Heather Havrilesky of Salon (contains spoilers):
- What if you set “Grey’s Anatomy” in outer space?
“But bending the laws of physics on a space soap is where I draw the line. While I can understand why Parriott and Co. might be tempted to simply swap out the high-pressure hospital setting with a high-pressure intergalactic setting, the stupidity of Defying Gravity really knows no bounds.” Read more.
From Verne Gay of Newsday:
- ‘Defying Gravity’ on ABC is hard to praise
“REASON TO WATCH Rare prime-time series set in space, plus chance to catch up with journeymen actors Ron Livingston (“Office Space”) and Malik Yoba (“New York Undercover”). But otherwise …” Read more.
Diane is the founder of TV, eh? She loves books, movies, TV, science, space, traveling, theatre, art, cats, and drinking multiple beverages at the same time.
Latest posts by Diane Wild (see all)
- The legacy of Denis McGrath - March 24, 2017
- Crash Gallery returns for a colourful, chaotic second season - February 5, 2017
- Myth or Science: The Secrets of our Senses comes to The Nature of Things - January 18, 2017