From a media release:
FLASHPOINT BLASTS NUMB3RS! Season Premiere Captures Highest Audience Ever with Nearly Two Million Viewers on CTV
- FLASHPOINT wins night and outguns timeslot competitor NUMB3RS
- Season debut is young and urban; #1 in Toronto and Vancouver with A18-34 and A18-49 demos
- GHOST WHISPERER is the #2 program in primetime with 1.7 million viewers followed by #3 MEDIUM with 1.5 million viewers
CTV’s FLASHPOINT delivered yet another bullseye Friday night, capturing its largest audience ever* with nearly two million (1.88 million) viewers on CTV. Growing by a remarkable 48%* from last season’s premiere and peaking at 2.3 million viewers, the debut was #1 of the night, outgunning timeslot competitor NUMB3RS (Global/CBS, 678,000) by 178%. FLASHPOINT also debuted #1 in its timeslot in Toronto and Vancouver and in the key 18-34 and 18-49 demos.
In the series’ most emotional and unforgettable episode ever, which saw Lewis (Mark Taylor) sacrifice his life for the team, FLASHPOINT improved by 29% on its 9 p.m. lead-in MEDIUM (1.5 million) and grew 6% in its second half hour.
An encore broadcast of the debut delivered 625,000 viewers Saturday night. Viewers who missed the episode can also watch it on demand on the CTV Video Player at CTV.ca.
Additionally, Friday nights’ GHOST WHISPERER season premiere delivered 1.7 million viewers at 8 p.m., #1 in its timeslot and winning the A25-54 and female 18-34, 18-49 and 25-54 demos for the night. It was followed by the season premiere of MEDIUM with 1.5 million viewers at 9 p.m. which was also # 1 in its timeslot and won the adult, female and M18-49 and M25-54 demos. The series premieres rank #2 and #3 respectively in primetime on the night. Overall, CTV once again won primetime with the most-watched programs in every time-slot from 8-11:30 p.m.
In this weeks’ FLASHPOINT episode, entitled â€œNever Let You Downâ€ (Friday, October 2 at 10 p.m. ET on CTV), the SRU must locate and rescue beautiful young waitress Zoe Granger (Joanna Douglas, BEING ERICA) after she is abducted by a mysterious intruder.
Latest posts by Diane Wild (see all)
- Exhibitionists exposes arts programming to CBC - October 9, 2016
- The age of abundant consultation - October 5, 2016
- Chris Haddock finds the heart of The Romeo Section for Season 2 - October 5, 2016