From Gayle MacDonald of the Globe and Mail:
- Battle of the Blades: faceoff on figure skates“But the person responsible for Domi’s fatigue and bruises is nothing but a slip of a thing â€“ former Olympic figure skater Christine Hough-Sweeney â€“ whom he’s been hoisting and twirling for the past three hours, trying to nail a routine the pair hope will ensure them a spot in the finals in CBC’s brand-new reality show, Battle of the Blades. The show debuts Sunday night, with voting episodes to air Monday nights for seven consecutive weeks.” Read more.
From John Doyle of the Globe and Mail:
- TELEVISION / WEEKEND VIEWING“CBC doesn’t have the Vancouver Winter Olympics, but it has the wackiest, sure-fire, ultra-Canadian show concept. Big lugs from the NHL learn to figure skate and are paired with tiny lady figure skaters.” Read more.
Diane is the founder of TV, eh? She loves books, movies, TV, science, space, traveling, theatre, art, cats, and drinking multiple beverages at the same time.
Latest posts by Diane Wild (see all)
- Exhibitionists exposes arts programming to CBC - October 9, 2016
- The age of abundant consultation - October 5, 2016
- Chris Haddock finds the heart of The Romeo Section for Season 2 - October 5, 2016