From a media release:
CBC-TV’s DRAGONS’ DEN AND SUNCHIPS UNEARTH CANADA’S BEST GREENVENTION ON SPECIAL EPISODE, JUNE 7 AT 8 P.M.
- Winning Eco-preneur walks away $100,000 richer
After months of auditions and over 600 hundred applications, DRAGONS’ DEN and Frito Lay Canada’s SunChips brand unveil the finalists for Canada’s best Greenvention in a special one-hour episode of DRAGONS’ DEN airing Monday, June 7 at 8 p.m. on CBC Television. Three of the best, brightest and greenest entrepreneurs present their business ideas to the Dragons. Only one industrious pitcher walks away with $100,000, courtesy of SunChips, and the title of Canada’s top eco-preneur.
Inspired by the SunChips brands’ Greenvention, the World’s First 100% compostable chip bag, and a year-over-year trend of eco-preneurial pitchers vying for the Dragons’ attention on DRAGONS’ DEN, the Greenvention call for applications began Monday, March 1 and came to a close on Earth Day, Thursday, April 22. DRAGONS’ DEN producers, alongside guest green judge Rick Smith of Environmental Defense Canada, carefully reviewed all applications. The top three Greenvention finalists are:
- Wellington, BC native Peter Roosen’s Veggie Plastic, a plastic molding made from vegetable oil and recycled drywall
- Maple Ridge, BC native Andrea Gregg’s Nursery Natural Baby Wipes, a 100 per cent organic and biodegradable baby wipe solution
- Toronto, ON native Leigh Meadows’ Smart Hanger, a recyclable hanger made of cardboard
DRAGONS’ DEN is hosted by Dianne Buckner and features Dragons Arlene Dickinson, Robert Herjavec, Kevin O’Leary, Jim Treliving and W. Brett Wilson. DRAGONS’ DEN is one of the top-rated Canadian-produced reality television shows in the country. Recently, the March 17 season finale drew an audience of 2.15 million viewers.
Latest posts by Diane Wild (see all)
- Exhibitionists exposes arts programming to CBC - October 9, 2016
- The age of abundant consultation - October 5, 2016
- Chris Haddock finds the heart of The Romeo Section for Season 2 - October 5, 2016