From a media release:
MTV Canada Original Production 1 GIRL 5 GAYS Picked Up for U.S. Broadcast on Logo
- Home-grown hit premieres in the U.S. in October
- New episodes of 1 GIRL 5 GAYS air weekly on MTV in Canada, Fridays at 12 midnight ET
The MTV Canada original production 1 GIRL 5 GAYS has been picked up in the U.S. by Logo, the network for gays, lesbians and their families and friends owned by MTV Networks. Season 1 of the series is slated to have its U.S. premiere in October, 2010. 1 GIRL 5 GAYS is the third original production from MTV Canada to be seen in the U.S. Both THE AFTER SHOW, which deconstructed pop culture and PEAK SEASON, a Whistler-based documentary series, have proven to be hits with viewers south of the border.
1 GIRL 5 GAYS brings together host Aliya-Jasmine (AJ) Sovani with a panel of five gay men for frank, funny, and sometimes fierce discussions on sex and relationships. The alternating group of gay men, chosen for their honesty, individuality, and confidence, never shy away from outrageous or taboo subject matters. Discussions revolve around everything from masturbation, Madonna, and matrimony to family dinners, embarrassing erections, and favourite underwear.
1 GIRL 5 GAYS premiered in Canada on MTV in October, 2009. New episodes air weekly on Fridays at 12 midnight ET. For more information and to watch past episodes, hit up www.mtv.ca/tvshows/1-girl-5-gays.
Latest posts by Diane Wild (see all)
- Exhibitionists exposes arts programming to CBC - October 9, 2016
- The age of abundant consultation - October 5, 2016
- Chris Haddock finds the heart of The Romeo Section for Season 2 - October 5, 2016