From Kevin McDonough of South Coast Today:
- CW’s ’18’ closer to ‘Gilmore Girls’ than ‘Gossip Girl’
“With so many Canadian imports arriving on American network television, I’ve devised a simple test to determine whether a show hails from north of the border. Do the characters look more like real people than supermodels? If so, look for the “Made in Canada” tag. Is the comedy writing a little less gag-driven than Hollywood fare? It just might be written by Canadians.” Read more.
From Glenn Garvin of the Miami Herald:
- Review | ’18 to Life’: This teenage TV marriage no laughing matter
“Of course, I could be wrong, and 18 to Life might not be the bottom of the television barrel, in which case you need to drive a stake through your TV’s heart, stuff its remote with garlic and bury them in an unmarked grave. If there’s something worse than a sitcom about what a laff riot teenage marriage is, you don’t want to know.” Read more.
From Mark A. Perigard of the Boston Herald:
- Newlywed Lame
“What if a couple of silly twits from â€œDegrassiâ€ decided to marry? The sitcom â€œ18 to Life,â€ the latest Canadian import to sneak onto our airwaves, plays like a spinoff of the long-running Teen Nick series.” Read more.
Diane is the founder of TV, eh? She loves books, movies, TV, science, space, traveling, theatre, art, cats, and drinking multiple beverages at the same time.
Latest posts by Diane Wild (see all)
- Exhibitionists exposes arts programming to CBC - October 9, 2016
- The age of abundant consultation - October 5, 2016
- Chris Haddock finds the heart of The Romeo Section for Season 2 - October 5, 2016