Anthony and Diane discuss CBC ‘s “new” direction – will they get rid of Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune? Should they? Will they become more of a public broadcaster or are they forced to operate like a private network?
Something CBC does right is getting their programs on iTunes and Netflix – you can already catch InSecurity on Netflix, for example.
Diane shares what she learned about what makes a 6/10 versus 10/10 Canadian Content show. Surprise: Being Human counts!
We discuss the Canadian Media Fund and our puzzlement over how television funding in Canada seems to be a disincentive to creating good or successful shows.
- Anthony Marco can be found at Dyscultured and lovehatethings and Best Episode Ever, and on Twitter here and here.
- Diane Wild can be found here at TV, eh? and on Twitter here and here.
Latest posts by Diane Wild (see all)
- The legacy of Denis McGrath - March 24, 2017
- Crash Gallery returns for a colourful, chaotic second season - February 5, 2017
- Myth or Science: The Secrets of our Senses comes to The Nature of Things - January 18, 2017