From John Doyle of the Globe and Mail:
- The politics of laughing at politics and politicians
While it would be wrong to put a heavy burden of expectation on a show as slight sand silly as She’s the Mayor, the program illustrates so much about the Canadian culture’s approach to politics. When it mocks politicians, it does so with such softness that the mockery is meaningless. Read more.
From Bill Harris of QMI Agency:
- Similar ‘Mayor’ set for debut
It’s one thing that the new Canadian TV series She’s The Mayor, which debuts Friday on VisionTV, has a similar title to existing CTV series Dan For Mayor. But more than that, they’re basically the same show. Read more.
Diane is the founder of TV, eh? She loves books, movies, TV, science, space, traveling, theatre, art, cats, and drinking multiple beverages at the same time.
Latest posts by Diane Wild (see all)
- The legacy of Denis McGrath - March 24, 2017
- Crash Gallery returns for a colourful, chaotic second season - February 5, 2017
- Myth or Science: The Secrets of our Senses comes to The Nature of Things - January 18, 2017