From a media release:
His Worship DAN FOR MAYOR Takes Office with Season 2, Premiering June 5 on CTV
- DAN FOR MAYOR joins the all-new CTV Sunday night comedy block, following THE BIG BANG THEORY
- Encore broadcasts on The Comedy Network, starting June 10
- New episodes available for download on CTV.ca
As Canadians move on from that other election, the country’s most beloved and newly elected city official returns to CTV with the Season 2 premiere of DAN FOR MAYOR on Sunday, June 5 at 7:30 p.m. ET. Starring Fred Ewanuick (CORNER GAS), the CTV original comedy series takes office alongside a stellar new Sunday night comedy block on CTV, enjoying a lead-in from mega hit THE BIG BANG THEORY at 7 p.m. ET (visit CTV.ca to confirm local broadcast times).
As the inaugural season came to a close, Dan Phillips (Ewanuick) had accidentally landed himself in the role of Mayor of Wessex. “I wouldn’t say Dan was an under-achiever,” recalls Mark Farrell, who is Executive Producer, along with Paul Mather and Kevin White. “I would say he wasn’t even a ‘try-to-achiever’. Dan’s first term has started and he is unprepared, unqualified, and in way over his head.”
But Dan’s new job isn’t the only thing that’s new for Season 2 of DAN FOR MAYOR. “The format has definitely changed from the first season. This year, because we aren’t moving toward an event, it mandated that the show become more episodic,” says White.
In the Season 2 premiere on June 5, Dan tries to prove he’s in charge and takes it upon himself to name the new ice rink after a local hockey legend, only to find out it has already been named after a Wessex philanthropist on her deathbed.
Here’s a sneak peek at some special upcoming moments of the mayor’s first season in office:
- Dan paints the city green. (No, not literally)
- Speedoo-gate gets Dan in hot water with the Chief of Police.
- A lesson learned the hard way: nothing is “off the record”.
- A well-meaning promise lands the mayor in the hot seat… or should we say pot seat.
- Porktoberfest. (Need we say more?)
Starring alongside the Gemini Award-winning Fred Ewanuick is Mary Ashton (HEARTLAND) who plays Claire, Dan’s ambitious girlfriend, Paul Bates (Mooseport) as Jeff, Dan’s childhood best friend and one-time campaign manager, and Benjamin Ayres (THE VAMPIRE DIARIES) as Claire’s responsible, successful and moustached ex-fiancé Mike.
Viewers can enjoy encore broadcasts of DAN FOR MAYOR on The Comedy Network, Fridays at 8:30 p.m. ET/PT, beginning June 10. Also, following the television broadcast premiere, episodes of DAN FOR MAYOR are available on demand on The CTV Video Player at CTV.ca and thecomedynetwork.ca.
Produced by Sad Glasses and QVF Inc. in association with CTV and The Comedy Network, DAN FOR MAYOR is created and executive produced by Mark Farrell (This Hour Has 22 Minutes), Paul Mather (Men With Brooms) and Kevin White (Insecurity). Susan Murdoch (The Terrorist Next Door) is Producer. The show is written by Mark Farrell, Paul Mather, Kevin White, Carolyn Taylor (THIS HOUR HAS 22 MINUTES), Jenn Engels (LESS THAN KIND), Mark De Angelis (The Ron James Show), Tim Polley (Odd Job Jack) and Matthew Doyle. The Directors are Ron Murphy (Being Erica), Brian Roberts (Everybody Loves Raymond) and David Weaver (Fairfield Road).
Latest posts by Diane Wild (see all)
- The legacy of Denis McGrath - March 24, 2017
- Crash Gallery returns for a colourful, chaotic second season - February 5, 2017
- Myth or Science: The Secrets of our Senses comes to The Nature of Things - January 18, 2017