From a media release:
DEGRASSI Still Head of the Class As Season 11 Premiere Grows 11% on MuchMusic
- DEGRASSI leads the day as the #1 non-sports specialty program in P12-34
- More than 500 screaming fans welcome new season at outdoor screening event
Last night MuchMusic viewers laid claim to the DEGRASSI franchise as Season 11 of the recently Emmy®-nominated series was the #1 non-sports specialty program in Canada in the key P12-34 demo. Part One of the one-hour premiere drew 175,000 viewers P12-34, an 11% increase over last year’s premiere. More than half a million unique TV viewers (577,000) watched some portion of the two-part premiere. The debut marked the return of the successful telenovela format to Much, with new episodes airing Monday-Thursday at 9 p.m. ET, through to September 1 on Much, MuchHD, and MuchMusic.com.
To kick-off the new season, MuchMusic held a special screening at its headquarters in downtown Toronto, where more than 500 screaming fans gathered in the parking lot to mingle with the cast, sending hearts and twitter aflutter. During the broadcast, both “Bianca” and “Keke Palmer”, characters appearing in the first episode, trended in Canada on Twitter.
On tonight’s episode, entitled “Love Game” (9 p.m. ET on Much), Clare can’t believe Eli’s over her. She’s convinced his ‘normal’ behaviour is a plot to win her back. When her suspicion becomes an obsession, it is suggested that the problem isn’t whether Eli’s over Clare, but whether Clare’s over Eli.
Latest posts by Diane Wild (see all)
- Exhibitionists exposes arts programming to CBC - October 9, 2016
- The age of abundant consultation - October 5, 2016
- Chris Haddock finds the heart of The Romeo Section for Season 2 - October 5, 2016