From a media release:
FRANÇOIS and YULIYA Take a Bow as They’re Eliminated from CTV’s SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE CANADA
- Guest judge Mary Murphy joins Jean Marc Genereux, Tré Armstrong and Blake McGrath behind the judge’s desk August 29 and 30
- Sean Cheesman to choreograph the Top 8 group number
Earlier tonight on CTV, the SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE CANADA judges announced live that FRANÇOIS Pruneau (26), a Ballroom dancer from Trois-Rivières, QC, and YULIYA Zavadska (29), a Latin dancer from Toronto, ON were eliminated from SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE CANADA. The eight remaining dancers will take to the stage on Monday, August 29 at 8 p.m. ET on CTV (go to ctv.ca to confirm local listings).
The three girls and three guys who received the lowest number of votes following last night’s countrywide poll were girls YULIYA, MELISSA and DENITSA, and guys ADAM, CHRISTIAN and FRANÇOIS. With voting now based on individual competitors instead of couples, each dancer had the opportunity to perform a solo of their choice, but for two competitors, it would be their last chance to dance for the country. In the end, it was announced live that FRANÇOIS and YULIYA would be going home.
Opening tonight’s show was a contemporary group number choreographed by Sabrina Matthews. Dancing a raw and emotionally charged routine about guilt, the Top 10 poured their hearts out on the stage to “Heavy in Your Arms” by Florence + The Machine.
Performing next week on Monday, August 29 at 8 p.m. ET on CTV (go to ctv.ca to confirm local listings) in front of judges Jean Marc Genereux, Tré Armstrong and Blake McGrath, as well as guest judge Mary Murphy are:
1. ADAM LoPapa (19), a Jazz dancer from Woodbridge, ON
2. CHRISTIAN Millette (28), a Ballroom dancer from Montreal, QC
3. DENITSA Ikonomova (24), a Ballroom dancer from Laval, QC
4. JORDAN Clark (19), a Contemporary dancer from Tottenham, ON
5. LINDSAY Leuschner (19), a Contemporary dancer from Stouffville, ON
6. MATT Marr (20), a Contemporary from Quispamsis, NB
7. MELISSA Mitro (23), a Contemporary dancer from Richmond Hill, ON
8. SHANE Simpson (24), a Jazz dancer from Thornhill, ON
Next week for the performance show, the Top 8 will work with choreographers Luther Brown, Stacey Tookey, Gustavo Vargas and Melissa Williams, as well as SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE CANADA alumni Danny Arbour, who will be choreographing a Top 8 group number. Choreographer Sean Cheesman will also work with the Top 8 for a group number to air during the results show on Tuesday, August 30 at 8 p.m. ET on CTV.
Latest posts by Diane Wild (see all)
- Exhibitionists exposes arts programming to CBC - October 9, 2016
- The age of abundant consultation - October 5, 2016
- Chris Haddock finds the heart of The Romeo Section for Season 2 - October 5, 2016