From a media release:
“22 Minutes” one-hour Holiday SPECIAL on Dec. 13 decks the halls with loads of special guests
From celebrity Santa letters from the likes of Peter Mansbridge and Survivorman’s Les Stroud, to name a few, to new spins on traditional Christmas stories – you may never look at Frosty the Snowman – or Kevin O’Leary – the same again – “22 Minutes” stuffs its one-hour holiday special full of politicians, celebrities, and musical acts all celebrating the season in their own jolly way. “22 Minutes” holiday special airs Tues., Dec, 13 at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT (8:30 NT) on CBC Television (note the earlier start time).
Watch a clip featuring Bob Rae’s appearance from the “22 Minutes” holiday special here.
Highlights from the holiday episode include:*
- Celebrity letters to Santa from a host of Canadian notables including Peter Mansbridge, Jim Cuddy, Jian Ghomeshi, George Stroumboulopoulos, Survivorman’s Les Stroud and lots more!
- Kevin O’Leary (“Dragons’ Den”) in a role he was born to play – Scrooge in A Christmas Carol.
- Politicians including Finance Minister Jim Flaherty and Liberal leader Bob “A Rae of Hope” who offers a new take on some traditional carols.
- Canadian icon Gordon Pinsent in a Miracle on 34th Street parody – “There’s never a miracle at Zellers.”
- Maritime musical favourites Great Big Sea helping “22 Minutes’” Shaun Majumder write a Christmas song.
- Republic of Doyle’s Allan Hawco doing a dramatic turn in a Tudors-esque parody, “The Claus’s.”
- There will also be appearances by former “22 Minutes” cast members Mary Walsh and Greg Thomey.
* Please note, due to the nature of the show, information is subject to change.
Latest posts by Diane Wild (see all)
- The legacy of Denis McGrath - March 24, 2017
- Crash Gallery returns for a colourful, chaotic second season - February 5, 2017
- Myth or Science: The Secrets of our Senses comes to The Nature of Things - January 18, 2017