From a media release:
THE BIGGEST COMPETITION. THE BIGGEST JUDGES
- HGTV Canada’s All-Stars Mike Holmes, Bryan Baeumler, Scott McGillivray and Newcomer Jillian Harris Team Up In The Channel’s Greatest Competition Yet
- Canada’s Handyman Challenge Premieres Tuesday January 10 at 10pm ET/PT
HGTV Canada’s biggest stars – Mike Holmes (Holmes on Homes, Holmes Inspection), Bryan Baeumler (Disaster DIY, Leave It To Bryan) and Scott McGillivray (Income Property) – are teaming up for the first time to find and crown Canada’s Best Handyman. Jillian Harris (The Bachelorette, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition) joins the dream-team judging panel as host in HGTV’s biggest competition yet. Canada’s Handyman Challenge premieres Tuesday January 10 at 10pm ET/PT on HGTV Canada.
In the search for the ultimate handyman or woman, the judges travelled to Vancouver, Halifax and Toronto to size-up the competitors based on what they could build with a sheet of plywood, then put to the test their ability to work under a deadline on all manner of handyman jobs. The four top competitors in each city will move on to the final rounds of competition.
The top 12 competitors from across Canada will battle it out over everything from wiring and installing light fixtures to building a functional staircase. Throughout the series the stress and pressure will accumulate for each competitor as nerves, will, and logic are tested time and again. But in the end, only one person will be crowned the winner of Canada’s Handyman Challenge.
For full episodes after they air, exclusive on-set interviews with Canada’s Handyman Challenge all-stars and interior design tips from Jillian Harris, visit www.hgtv.ca.
Latest posts by Diane Wild (see all)
- Exhibitionists exposes arts programming to CBC - October 9, 2016
- The age of abundant consultation - October 5, 2016
- Chris Haddock finds the heart of The Romeo Section for Season 2 - October 5, 2016