From a media release:
Citytv launches Canadian quest for love with original reality series, The Bachelor Canada
- Home-grown series to be produced by Vancouver-based Force Four Entertainment
- Nine-episode reality series debuts in Canada in fall 2012
- Casting for the first Canadian bachelorettes begins today on Citytv.com/BachelorCanada
Roses are red, violets are blue – a favourite reality series will soon makes its Canadian debut! As announced earlier this morning on Breakfast Television and Rogers Radio stations by The Bachelor host Chris Harrison, the new original reality series The Bachelor Canada is coming north of the border and will launch exclusively on Citytv this fall.
Commissioned by Citytv’s original content team and produced by Force Four Entertainment, The Bachelor Canada is based on the perennially successful The Bachelor franchise, which is produced in the U.S. by Next Entertainment in association with Warner Horizon Television and is currently in its 16th season on Citytv and OMNI Television. The nine-episode, Canadian, romantic reality series is in the pre-production phase with principal photography slated to begin this spring. Additional production and broadcast details will be announced at a later date.
Beginning today, Citytv is kicking off a nationwide search for Canada’s most eligible, rose-loving bachelorettes. Casting call information and eligibility requirements are now available at Citytv.com/BachelorCanada. Casting details for Canada’s first bachelor will be announced at a later date.
Latest posts by Diane Wild (see all)
- Exhibitionists exposes arts programming to CBC - October 9, 2016
- The age of abundant consultation - October 5, 2016
- Chris Haddock finds the heart of The Romeo Section for Season 2 - October 5, 2016