From John Doyle of the Globe and Mail
- Flashpoint: a landmark Canadian cop series ends
Flashpoint, which reaches its series finale Thursday in an excellent, action-filled two-part episode (CTV, 10 p.m., continuing next Thursday) is a landmark Canadian series for a number of reasons. Read more.
From Scott Stinson of the National Post:
- Strategic response to the finale: Flashpoint (nearly) goes all out for its last episodes
If you’re a television producer, what do you do when you know, well ahead of time, that your series is coming to an end? How do you avoid the dull-thud finales that have plagued everything from Seinfeld to Lost to The Sopranos? If you are the team behind Flashpoint, you blow the doors off the joint. Literally and figuratively. Read more.
From Tony Wong of the Toronto Star:
- Flashpoint finale: Out with a bang
The unabashed genius of Flashpoint was in proving that Canadians could outdo the Americans in making purely pyrotechnic television. There were enough explosions and quick edits combined with a hardcore soundtrack to seem — perhaps disconcertingly for some — a little more Michael Bay than any Canadian show had a right to be. The Littlest Hobo it was not. Read more.
From Brad Oswald of the Winnipeg Free Press:
- An explosive, fitting end for Flashpoint
With a bang. Actually, an earth-shaking series of them. Definitely not a whimper. That’s how the producers of the groundbreaking CTV drama Flashpoint have decided to bring the series to an end, with a two-part finale that is as big and loud and dangerous and suspenseful as anything they’ve attempted in the show’s five-season run. Read more.
Diane is the founder of TV, eh? She loves books, movies, TV, science, space, traveling, theatre, art, cats, and drinking multiple beverages at the same time.
Latest posts by Diane Wild (see all)
- The legacy of Denis McGrath - March 24, 2017
- Crash Gallery returns for a colourful, chaotic second season - February 5, 2017
- Myth or Science: The Secrets of our Senses comes to The Nature of Things - January 18, 2017