From a media release:
OLN Announces Start of Production on New Doc-reality Series, The Project
- Nine unsuspecting young adults think they’ve signed up for an adventure in paradise, but what they get is the journey of a lifetime
- Adventurer Ray Zahab to host six-part series premiering later this year
OLN and Buck Productions announced today the start of production on the new OLN series The Project. The six-part, one-hour series is currently filming in and around Tecpán, Guatemala and is set to premiere later this year on OLN. The series is developed by Rogers Media and Canadian company Buck Productions. Additional broadcast details to be announced at a later date.
Hosted by ultramarathon runner and adventurer Ray Zahab (Running the Sahara), The Project follows nine privileged young adults who believe they’ve been selected for a reality adventure in an exotic location. When they arrive at their destination in Tecpán, Guatemala, however, they quickly learn what they’ll be doing has little to do with sand, surf, and luxury. Instead, they are enlisted to give back and help a local Guatemalan charity organization build a structure for The Project Somos Children’s Village.
The Project production team includes Creator/Supervising Producer Jim Kiriakakis (Keys to the VIP) of Buck Productions, Executive Producer Sean Buckley (Saw Dogs), Showrunner Thomas Chenoweth (Million Dollar Neighbourhood), and Simon Gebski (Deals from the Dark Side, Rich Bride Poor Bride). Claire Freeland is Director of Original Programming, Rogers Media and Marni Goldman is Production Executive for Original Programming, Rogers Media.
Latest posts by Diane Wild (see all)
- Rick Mercer ponders what’s next - September 20, 2016
- Link: Oh goody, Real Housewives is coming to Toronto - June 10, 2016
- Link: Orphan Black gears up for an explosive finale - June 10, 2016