From a media release:
BATTLE LINES ARE DRAWN FOR THE FIERCEST COMPETITION YET IN SEASON THREE OF TOP CHEF CANADA
- New Season Premieres March 18, 2013 at 9pm ET/10pm PT on Food Network Canada
Food Network Canada and Insight Production Company Ltd. are bringing Top Chef Canada back for a third exciting season, sending 16 determined new competitors into the kitchen for another round of intense challenges, surprise twists and higher stakes than ever before. The new season of the top-rated series premieres March 18, 2013 at 9pm ET/10pm PT exclusively on Food Network Canada.
The heat is on in season three of Top Chef Canada as the chefs sharpen their knives to test their culinary skills and creativity in a variety of unique challenges. In the end only one chef will take home the grand prize of $100,000 sponsored by SpongeTowels® paper towels, a GE Monogram kitchen worth $30,000, a custom installation by Caesarstone Quartz Surfaces worth $25,000 and the title of Canada’s Top Chef. Combined with the weekly challenge prizes, the total amount up for grabs this season is higher than ever before at a quarter of a million dollars. Internationally-acclaimed actress Lisa Ray returns as Host, joined by Head Judge, Chef and restaurateur, Mark McEwan, and Resident Judge, LA restaurateur, Shereen Arazm.
Following an extensive casting process, 16 talented chefs from across the country were chosen to compete in this season of Top Chef Canada. The victory-hungry competitors are:
· Frederick Boucher, 28, Montreal, QC (Originally Price, QC)
· Chris Chafe, 24, St. John’s, NL
· Clement Chan, 33, Vancouver, BC
· Kayla Dhaliwall, 28, Vancouver, BC (Originally Victoria, BC)
· Ruth Eddolls, 30, Toronto, ON (Originally Acton, ON)
· Nicole Gomes, 34, Calgary, AB (Originally Richmond, BC)
· Jonathan Goodyear, 34, Toronto, ON
· Caitlin Hall, 24, Vancouver, BC (Originally Maple Ridge, BC)
· Daniel Hudson, 29, Duncan, BC (Originally Coalville, UK)
· Geoff Rogers, 31, Calgary, AB
· Rebecca Ross, 24, Toronto, ON (Originally Medicine Hat, AB)
· Chris Shaften, 28, Calgary, AB
· Danny Smiles, 27, Montreal, QC
· Matthew Stowe, 30, Vancouver, BC (Originally Cloverdale, BC)
· Dennis Tay, 34, Toronto, ON (Originally Windsor, ON)
· Rory White, 23, Toronto, ON
The new season of Top Chef Canada brings an all-star panel of guest judges and tasters to the kitchen including seven-time WWE Champion Trish Stratus, international comedic sensation Russell Peters, Survivorman Les Stroud, The Real Housewives of Vancouver, JUNO Award winning Singer/Songwriter Jann Arden, Chef Michael Voltaggio (winner of Top Chef: Las Vegas), Chef Robert Irvine (Restaurant: Impossible), Chef Chuck Hughes (Chuck’s Week Off) and Food Network host David Rocco (David Rocco’s Amalfi Getaway).
The new season of Top Chef Canada premieres March 18, 2013 at 9pm ET/10pm PT exclusively on Food Network Canada. To watch full episodes online and access exclusive interviews and winning elimination challenge recipes throughout the run of the series, visit topchefcanada.ca.
Latest posts by Diane Wild (see all)
- Rick Mercer ponders what’s next - September 20, 2016
- Link: Oh goody, Real Housewives is coming to Toronto - June 10, 2016
- Link: Orphan Black gears up for an explosive finale - June 10, 2016