From a media release:
SHAW MEDIA SPECIALTY CHANNELS REIGN OVER THE COMPETITION
- Home of Canada’s top 5 specialty entertainment programs of the broadcast year including VIKINGS
- Shaw Media owns dominant share of top 10/20 ranked specialty channels
Shaw Media’s specialty channels are experiencing a record season, outperforming the competition in multiple demos and dominating the country’s television landscape. With an industry leading growth of 9% (vs Fall 2012**), Shaw Media owns four of the Top 10 and eight of the Top 20 specialty channels and has a complete lock on the top five specialty entertainment programs. In addition, National Geographic Canada, Slice™, Food Network Canada and Action, each achieved all-time audience highs in their best seasons ever (A25-54*).
Shaw Media owned the three biggest premieres of the year, with viewers flocking to HISTORY for The Bible and VIKINGS, and to Slice™ for Big Brother Canada. The series dominate the top five entertainment specialty programs for the year across Adults 25-54 and Women 25-54****. VIKINGS currently reigns as the number one specialty drama of the broadcast year and Big Brother Canada comes in as the number one reality series of the year across specialty****.
*–Source: BBM Canada Meter data, Total Canada, 12/31/12 – 4/21/13 (some data unconfirmed)
**–Source: All data is based on English Specialty stations, Total Canada audiences, M-Su 2a-2a, BBM Canada PPM Data. Dates = Spr’12 (Jan2-May27/12), Fall’12 (Aug27-Dec30/12), Spr’13 (Dec31/12-Apr22/13)
***–Source: BBM Canada, PPM data 4/15/13
**** Source: BBM Canada PPM data, 8/27/12-4/21/13
Latest posts by Diane Wild (see all)
- The legacy of Denis McGrath - March 24, 2017
- Crash Gallery returns for a colourful, chaotic second season - February 5, 2017
- Myth or Science: The Secrets of our Senses comes to The Nature of Things - January 18, 2017