From a media release:
CTV Announces MASTERCHEF CANADA Casting Details
- Online application tool now open at CTV.ca/MasterChefCanada
Get online and get cooking Canada! Aspiring chefs and foodies across the country have been salivating at the prospect of being crowned Canada’s first MasterChef since the announcement that CTV ordered MASTERCHEF CANADA for a winter 2014 debut. Beginning today, Canadians can go to ctv.ca/MasterChefCanada and submit an application for their chance to be a part of the Canadian version of the internationally acclaimed series. Deadline for entries is Thursday, July 25.
Auditioning for MASTERCHEF CANADA is as easy as pie! Potential hopefuls can visit ctv.ca/MasterChefCanada and follow the links for full casting details and FAQs. A recent photo is required, and applicants are welcome to submit a video that demonstrates skill, while expressing their passion for cooking.
Among the eligibility requirements that should be noted for MASTERCHEF CANADA applications:
- Applicants must be amateur chefs, and cannot ever have worked as a professional chef.
- Competitors must be at least 19 years of age by September 1, 2013.
- Competitors must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada.
MASTERCHEF CANADA provides an opportunity for Canadian amateur chefs to develop their culinary skills as they compete for the MASTERCHEF CANADA title. Thousands of applicants will be whittled down to 50 semifinalists who will then present their signature dish to the judges in hopes of winning one of the coveted MASTERCHEF aprons. In keeping with the MASTERCHEF format, the contestants will face individual and team-based cooking challenges, which result in one or more home cooks being eliminated each week, until finally Canada’s first MASTERCHEF is crowned.
Latest posts by Diane Wild (see all)
- Rick Mercer ponders what’s next - September 20, 2016
- Link: Oh goody, Real Housewives is coming to Toronto - June 10, 2016
- Link: Orphan Black gears up for an explosive finale - June 10, 2016