From a media release:
Fast Forward to #1: THE AMAZING RACE CANADA Is Most-Watched Canadian Series Debut Ever with Three Million Viewers on CTV
- Last night’s broadcast is the most-watched series premiere from an American or Canadian series in nearly a decade
- Nearly one in three English Canadians watching television tuned into premiere episode
- THE AMAZING RACE CANADA becomes the most-watched Canadian entertainment program since the CORNER GAS finale in 2009
- THE AMAZING RACE CANADA premieres tonight on TSN
CTV’s THE AMAZING RACE CANADA is the country’s newest blockbuster hit TV series. Following an unprecedented promotion and publicity campaign, the much-anticipated series premiere smashed records last night with an amazing audience of 3 million viewers on CTV. It was the highest-rated series premiere of a Canadian series ever, and the most-watched series debut overall in nearly a decade, since CSI: NY premiere to 3.2 viewers in 2004. The premiere of THE AMAZING RACE CANADA becomes the most-watched Canadian entertainment program since the CORNER GAS finale drew 3 million viewers in April 2009. Overall, five million unique viewers watched the premiere, with the audience growing throughout the broadcast to peak at 3.5 million viewers when host Jon Montgomery revealed that Treena and Tennille had been eliminated from the first leg of the race. The episode is available now on demand across CTV’s digital platforms, including CTV.ca, the CTV App, the CTV Mobile channel on Bell Mobile TV, and through video on demand partners such as Bell Fibe TV, and premieres tonight on TSN at 12 midnight ET/PT.
Also to note:
- Overwhelmingly winning Monday in all key demos in all key markets, THE AMAZING RACE CANADA delivered a national audience of 1.5 million viewers aged 25-54 and 1.4 million viewers aged 18-49.
- Nearly one in three English Canadians (2+) watching television last night were tuned into THE AMAZING RACE CANADA, delivering more than a 33% share in the key 18-49 and 25-54 demos nationally, more than 25% in all markets, and up to a 39.8 share among A18-34.
- For A25-54, the premiere delivered ratings of 9.3 in Toronto, 7.3 in Vancouver, 7.5 in Edmonton, and 7.2 in Calgary.
Next week on THE AMAZING RACE CANADA (airing Monday, July 22 at 9 p.m. ET/PT on CTV and live on CTV Mobile), the eight remaining teams race to Vancouver, BC, where they become tangled in the urban jungle and tripped up on the ice. The remaining competitors vying for the historic half a million dollar grand prize are:
- HAL and JOANNE – Married “BodyBreak” Fitness Icons
- HOLLY and BRETT– Married Doctors
- JAMIE and PIERRE – Best Friends
- JET and DAVE – Best Friends
- JODY and CORY – Brothers
- KRISTEN and DARREN – Dating Couple
- TIM SR. and TIM JR. – Father and Son
- VANESSA and CELINA – Sisters
Latest posts by Diane Wild (see all)
- The strange case of Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell - July 5, 2015
- Link: Bordertown remembered in Maple Ridge museum - July 4, 2015
- CTV giving Orphan Black, Bitten, 19-2 a summer airing - July 4, 2015