From a media release:
Final Data Pushes THE AMAZING RACE CANADA Debut into the Record Books
- Series premiere delivers a cumulative average audience of 4.7 million across Bell Media channels
- Final Data pushes premiere ratings up 17% to 3.5 million
- Last night’s episode delivers 2.91 million viewers
It’s the biggest premiere ever. After three weeks, THE AMAZING RACE CANADA continues its reign as the #1 program this summer. In fact, newly released final data for the series premiere (July 15) now reveals a 17% surge in audience to 3.5 million viewers making THE AMAZING RACE CANADA the biggest series debut ever in Canada, surpassing previous record holder CSI: NY (3.2 million) in 2004.
With 13 airings, original episodes and repeats, across CTV, TSN, and TSN2, THE AMAZING RACE CANADA has a cumulative reach of 10.6 million total viewers for a cumulative reach of 37.9% of English Canadians. Series premiere alone delivers a cumulative average audience of 4.7 million across these channels.
Last night’s non-elimination episode drew 2.91 million (2+), up from a week ago. Overall, 4.7 million unique viewers watched the third episode with the audience growing throughout the broadcast to peak at 3.5 million viewers when host Jon Montgomery revealed to Tim Sr. and Tim Jr., the final team at the Pit Stop, that they were safe from elimination. The episode is available now on demand across CTV’s digital platforms, including CTV.ca, the CTV App, the CTV Mobile channel on Bell Mobile TV, and through video on demand partners such as Bell Fibe TV, and tonight on TSN at 12 midnight ET/PT.
For the third week in a row, the episode overwhelmingly won Monday night nationally with total viewers and all key demos. In Ontario alone, THE AMAZING RACE CANADA grew 8% compared to last week climbing to a season high of 1.19 million viewers. In Calgary, the city featured prominently in last night’s episode, THE AMAZING RACE CANADA saw at least double digit growth delivering a series high with all key demos 12.3 (A18-34), 9.4 (A18-49), and 10.2 (A25-54).
Next week on THE AMAZING RACE CANADA (airing Monday, Aug. 5 at 9 p.m. ET/PT on CTV and live on CTV Mobile), the racers embark on an epic trek across the mighty Canadian north, where things get icy both in the water and on land. And in the Yukon, a Speed Bump trips up the Tims. Here are this week’s results:
- HAL and JOANNE #bodybreak – Married “BodyBreak” Fitness Icons
- KRISTEN and DARREN #kristenanddarren – Dating Couple
- JET and DAVE #jetanddave – Best Friends
- VANESSA and CELINA #vanessaandcelina – Sisters
- JODY and CORY #jodyandcory – Brothers
- HOLLY and BRETT #hollyandbrett – Married Doctors
- TIM SR. and TIM JR. #timetimeARC – Father and Son
Fans of the series can also catch additional Race action online with the digital companion series INSIDE THE RACE WITH BLACKBERRY. Hosted by Danielle McGimsie (@MissDMcG) and Teddy Wilson (@TeddyWilson), married “BodyBreak” fitness icons Hal and Joanne join the co-hosts for an exclusive BBM video chat interview, discussing the night’s episode.
Anchoring CTV’s Summer 2013 schedule, THE AMAZING RACE CANADA airs Mondays at 9 p.m. ET/PT on CTV and live on CTV Mobile (visit CTV.ca to confirm local broadcast times), as well as on demand across CTV’s digital platforms: including CTV.ca, the CTV App, the CTV Mobile channel on Bell Mobile TV, and through video on demand partners such as Bell Fibe TV following the broadcast.
Latest posts by Diane Wild (see all)
- Rick Mercer ponders what’s next - September 20, 2016
- Link: Oh goody, Real Housewives is coming to Toronto - June 10, 2016
- Link: Orphan Black gears up for an explosive finale - June 10, 2016