From a media release:
– Bruce McCulloch added to cast in addition to his role as creator, writer, and executive producer–
– Tim Carlson (Gracepoint) and Atticus Mitchell (Fargo) join as series leads Ian and Shinky–
– Principal photography on the 13-episode, half-hour scripted comedy series begins today in Calgary –
New, half-hour Canadian comedy series puts Calgary centre stage, as production on Young Drunk Punk begins today, starring creator, writer, and executive producer Bruce McCulloch (Kids in the Hall). Young Drunk Punk takes viewers on a heartfelt and hilarious coming-of-age journey of two teenage boys living in raucous Calgary during the ‘80s. The show is slated to premiere early 2015 on City, with full broadcast details to be announced at a later date.
Inspired by McCulloch’s life, and told through his unique point-of-view, Young Drunk Punk focuses on two young men – Ian and Shinky – who have recently graduated from high school and don’t quite feel that they belong. The series follows them as they embark on a hilarious and rebellious search to find out who they are, somewhere in the lost years between high school and “what’s next.”
Young Drunk Punk stars Tim Carlson (Gracepoint) as Ian McKay, Atticus Mitchell (Fargo) as Archibald Shinky, McCulloch (The Kids in the Hall) as Ian’s father Lloyd, Tracy Ryan (Nancy Drew) as Ian’s mother Helen, and Allie MacDonald (Lost Girl) as Ian’s sister Belinda.
“We are excited to have Bruce McCulloch in front and behind the camera in this original, yet relatable comedy series that is sure to resonate with viewers from coast-to-coast” said Nataline Rodrigues, Director of Original Programming, Rogers.
The series is produced by Accent Entertainment and SEVEN24 Films. McCulloch serves as executive producer, alongside Susan Cavan from Accent Entertainment, and Jordy Randall and Tom Cox from SEVEN24 films. Paula Smith is the supervising producer. From Rogers Media,Carol Commisso is the Production Executive, Nataline Rodrigues is Director of Original Programming, and Hayden Mindell is Vice President of Television Programming & Content.
Latest posts by Greg David (see all)
- Link: ‘Frontier’ creators say ‘Game of Thrones’-style chaos coming - October 18, 2017
- TV Eh B Cs podcast 71 — Where the Puckrin Is Going to Be - October 18, 2017
- Bell Media to Acquire Séries+ and Historia - October 18, 2017