Fans of Canadian television shows certainly are a passionate lot, and they’re not confined to our borders either. Of the over 25,000 who voted for their Top 5 shows of 2015, dozens voiced their support from around the world.
Yes, the voting for a few shows took a suspicious jump over the last couple of days, but we’ll chalk that up to super-fans who simply love their programs … and know how to use technology to their advantage. (The voting wasn’t affected that much in the end.)
By the time the tally was taken, the Top 10 Canadian Shows of 2015 are:
- Dark Matter (27%, 7,269 Votes)
- Lost Girl (25%, 6,777 Votes)
- Killjoys (21%, 5,766 Votes)
- Heartland (20%, 5,384 Votes)
- Murdoch Mysteries (10%, 2,632 Votes)
- Orphan Black (8%, 2,147 Votes)
- Tornado Hunters (8%, 2,080 Votes)
- Rookie Blue (6%, 1,634 Votes)
- When Calls the Heart (6%, 1,557 Votes)
- Rick Mercer Report (5%, 1,486 Votes)
Aside from the Top 10 vote-getters, I was pleased to see several new programs perform well in the poll. Clearly, viewers love seeing three guys tooling around in a truck capturing wacky weather on film, as Tornado Hunters placed No. 7, not bad at all for a show that debuted late in the year and veteran The Liquidator finished just out of the Top 10.
Thanks again to everyone who voted. Check out the final results; you can still name your favourites in the Comments section at the bottom of the page.
Latest posts by Greg David (see all)
- Link: Russell Peters lets comedy take a back seat in The Indian Detective - November 19, 2017
- ‘Tis the season for CBC’s holiday programming, including Murdoch Mysteries: Home for the Holidays - November 17, 2017
- Comments and queries for the week of November 17 - November 17, 2017