From a media release:
HISTORY®’s Emmy® Award-nominated original series Vikings returned with a vengeance, slaying the competition and seizing the #1 spot of the night across specialty with 465,000 Canadians (2+) watching its November 30th mid-season premiere. As the enigmatic Ragnar Lothbrok made his return to Kattegat, Vikings claimed top spot in multiple key demos, including 2+, A25-54 and A18-49. Since its launch in 2013, Vikings has consistently been the #1 scripted series across Canadian specialty* (2+, A25-54, A18-34 and A18-49) and following Wednesday’s strong start, the momentum continues.
HISTORY’s domination continued with the special presentation of the premiere of Showcase’s Incorporated and the documentary special Vikings: The Saga of Ragnar Lothbrok taking the #2 (127,000 A25-54) and #3 spots (116,000, A25-54) of the night, respectively.
Additional Vikings data highlights include:
- Vikings is already on track to be the #1 original scripted series of the fall (A25-54)
- The season 4B premiere grew its audience by 22% (2+), 24% (A25-54), 43% (A18-34) and 39% (A18-49) over last Spring’s season 4A finale
- Vikings was the most-talked about Specialty series in Canada on both Facebook and Twitter on Wednesday night**
- Since it premiered in 2013, Vikings continues to be the #1 series on HISTORY.ca and on the HISTORY Go app***
In the next episode of Vikings, airing Wednesday, Dec. 7 at 9 p.m. ET/PT on HISTORY, the Kattegat locals chide Ragnar (Travis Fimmel) that the gods have deserted him as he struggles to crew his voyage to Wessex. Bjorn (Alexander Ludwig) prepares to fulfill his dream of exploring the Mediterranean.
Latest posts by Greg David (see all)
- Links: The Indian Detective - December 15, 2017
- Link: 7 years later, Being Erica is still dismantling myths of young womanhood - December 15, 2017
- Preview: Travelers closes out Season 2 with a shocking finale - December 15, 2017