Wow, I can’t believe Eli Voss hasn’t just dispatched Noah Funk and found another community member to handle things. It really has been a comedy of errors for Noah, who went from learning how a cell phone works to pulling the drug-filled, cheese-filled plane out of the lake and then facing off against Mr. Crowbar and his cronies.
By the end of last week’s episode, Crowbar had been taken care of—in bloody fashion, we might add—opening the door for Noah to continue with his task.
Here’s CBC’s episode synopsis for, “Funeral,” Monday’s new episode:
- Noah and Anna must find a way to dispose of four dead bodies at the same time as they devise a trap for Eli Voss.
- And here’s what else we can tell you after watching a screener:
Pure‘s cinematography is beautiful
We’ve been meaning to say this since Episode 1: Ken Girotti’s colour palette and framing of shots is incredible. He’s taken advantage of big skies to show the connection—or perhaps severing?—between Heaven and the land. Noah is plotting to take down the sinners … will he get closer to Heaven as a result?
Bronco is the best
I love this cast, but A.J. Buckley is a hoot as Bronco. From his high school football rings and pornstache to his quips (“Is he praying?! We don’t have time to pray!”), Bronco is an entertaining hombre. We’re loving his evolution from laughingstock to serious cop. Also? Buckley and his friend, Artie, have created a seriously awesome line of diaper bags.
Trailer Park Boys cast member alert!
Viewers probably picked up on this in Week 1, but that’s Trailer Park Boys‘ Cory Bowles portraying Bronco’s partner, Jay. Bowles just wrapped filming of his feature film, Black Cop, in Halifax.
It’s a matter of trust
Trust is front and centre in Monday’s episode. Can Abel, Anna and Noah trust Bronco? Can Bronco rely on them for support as things get progressively more complicated and bloody? And, while we’re at it, can Bronco trust Jay?
Bronco has a unique solution to getting the cocaine across the border into the U.S.
Pure airs Mondays at 9 p.m. on CBC.
Image courtesy of CBC.
Latest posts by Greg David (see all)
- Link: Why CBC’s Kim’s Convenience is particularly important for Vancouver at this point in time - September 23, 2017
- Link: Murdoch Mysteries returns for season 11 after cliffhanger - September 23, 2017
- Link: Steady hand: Dean Bennett reflects on 10 years of directing Heartland - September 22, 2017