UPDATE: Thanks to a late surge in votes (A.J. Buckley called on Supernatural fans for support), Pure took top spot in the poll with 42 per cent of the vote. Second place went to Mary Kills People with 38 per cent; Cardinal placed third with 15 per cent. Thank you to everyone who participated and spread the word on our poll and look for more in the coming weeks!
It’s February. The time of the year when snow and cold temperatures cause us to get a little grumpy and burrow down a little deeper into our warm beds or pull those blankets a little tighter around us.
Luckily, we’ve got plenty of new Canadian television series to keep us entertained. No fewer than eight programs have bowed since January 1. Whether its tow truck drivers helping get traffic moving in Heavy Rescue: 401, small-town murder in Cardinal, doctor-assisted suicide in Mary Kills People, drug-running Mennonites in Pure or the struggles of motherhood via Workin’ Moms, there’s plenty to love this winter.
So, which two new Canadian series are your favourites so far? Let us know by voting below: select your choices and then click the Vote button below and to the right of Workin’ Moms. We’ll post the results in a few days so get voting and spread the word!
Favourite two new Canadian series of mid-season so far
- Pure (36%, 2,322 Votes)
- Mary Kills People (33%, 2,129 Votes)
- Cardinal (13%, 805 Votes)
- Heavy Rescue: 401 (10%, 633 Votes)
- Workin' Moms (3%, 194 Votes)
- Ransom (2%, 158 Votes)
- Urban Vegetarian (2%, 129 Votes)
- Chopped Canada Teen (1%, 55 Votes)
Total Voters: 5,549
Latest posts by Greg David (see all)
- Letterkenny introduces new characters in snowy Season 3 - June 29, 2017
- Help us help Kids 2017: Contributions being accepted for TV, Eh?’s charity auction - June 29, 2017
- Dark Matter: Five for fighting - June 29, 2017