I’ve been a fan and avid watcher of Murdoch Mysteries since Season 1. I’ve seen beloved characters come and go, tense storylines roll out and gory murders committed. But Monday’s season finale is the most shocking I’ve ever seen of Murdoch Mysteries. It will leave myself, and fellow fans, talking until the fall.
The good news is that Murdoch Mysteries will return for Season 11. The bad news? I’m not sure everyone on the cast will be back. But, I’m getting ahead of myself. Here’s what CBC has released, synopsis-wise, for Monday’s aptly-titled “Hell to Pay,” written and directed by Peter Mitchell:
- When a burlesque dancer asks Murdoch for help, the Station House No. 4 team find themselves embroiled in a conspiracy and unforeseen danger.
- And here are a few more tidbits—it was hard to tease anything without it becoming spoilery—after watching a screener of the landmark 150th episode. My postseason interview with Peter Mitchell will be posted on TV-Eh.com after the broadcast!
- The Great Fire revisited
Season 10 began with part of Toronto being consumed by the Great Fire of 1904. That storyline comes full circle on Monday and features some cool guest stars in pivotal roles. Among them are Sanctuary‘s Robin Dunne and John Wildman, who Mitchell first met when they were both working on The Campbells. Dunne and Wildman play bigwigs in city hall who have plans for Toronto’s future … at any cost.
- A pain in Brackenreid’s butt returns to Station House No. 4
Yes, even on his best day Brackenreid is rubbed the wrong way by the most lovely of people. But a true baddie from Thomas’ past shows up in “Hell to Pay” and things get serious. Some might even say deadly serious.
- Chaos for our favourite characters
If you’ve seen the teasers—and if you’re a Murdoch fan you certainly have—you know William is on the run and framed for murder. But he’s not the only one who is on the run and/or evading danger. Almost every single regular or recurring character is drawn into the main plot of the episode … and all their lives are in peril. Mitchell has written a highly-dramatic, action-filled episode that really will have you on the edge of your seat.
A pre-finale Q&A is happening!
Members of the Murdoch Mysteries cast will be on Facebook and Twitter answering your questions ahead of the episode. A heads-up that they WILL NOT be answering questions about the season finale, because that would ruin the fun. Get your queries in before Monday at 10 a.m ET with the hashtag #MurdochQandA.
Murdoch Mysteries airs Mondays at 8 p.m. on CBC.
Images courtesy of CBC.
Latest posts by Greg David (see all)
- It’s My Party! premieres on TVO on June 26 - June 22, 2018
- The Amazing Race Canada: Heroes Edition — Meet Nancy & Mellisa, Taylor & Courtney, Todd & Anna and Zainab & Monica - June 22, 2018
- Comments and queries for the week of June 22 - June 22, 2018