From a media release:
Starting today, the CRTC is inviting Canadians to share their views on how they will access audio and video content in the coming years and its impact on the Canadian market. The CRTC is accepting comments until November 24, 2017.
This consultation arises from the Government’s request that the CRTC submit a report on future distribution models for Canadian programming, as well as its continued creation, production and distribution. This report is due by no later than June 1, 2018.
Canadians can participate in the consultation’s first phase by:
- filling out the online form;
- writing to the Secretary General, CRTC, Ottawa, Ontario K1A ON2; or
- sending a fax to (819) 994-0218.
Comments collected will help shape the second phase of the public consultation. Further details related to the format and deadlines of the second phase will be shared at a later date.
- On September 28, 2017, the Governor-in-Council used its power under Section 15(1) of the Broadcasting Act and requested that the CRTC provide a report relating to the announced review of the Broadcasting and Telecommunications Acts.
- As directed by the Governor-in-Council, the CRTC is seeking comments on:
- What programming distribution model(s) is/are likely to exist in the future?
- How and through whom will Canadians access their programming?
- To what extent these models will ensure a vibrant domestic market?
- Interested parties are also invited to submit studies or relevant research on these or related issues that could inform the CRTC.
“We want to hear from Canadians and interested parties from all regions of the country on these important questions referred to the Commission by the Government. This will ensure we have the necessary information and evidence to prepare a report that will help inform the upcoming review of the Broadcasting and Telecommunications Acts.”
– Ian Scott, Chairperson and Chief Executive Officer of the CRTC
Latest posts by Greg David (see all)
- Link: Why Wynonna Earp’s Jolene allowed Zoie Palmer to really challenge herself - August 16, 2018
- Link: Adam Barken talks family in Killjoys Season 4 - August 16, 2018
- Preview: Killjoys welcomes its newest member of the family - August 16, 2018