From a media release:
Canada Sings Season 2 Kicks Off Production
- Music Icons Jann Arden and Rob Van Winkle (a.k.a. Vanilla Ice) Welcome New Judge and Choreographer to the Stars, Laurieann Gibson
Global’s original series Canada Sings returns to television and to the hearts of Canadians coast-to-coast this year with 12 new teams and a fresh face on the judging panel.
Continue reading Canada Sings season 2 in production
King, Global – Ahmad Khan
Jess tries to solve the bizarre murder of a grad student and ends up matching wits with a brilliant sociopath.
Marketplace, CBC – Snake in the Grass
Tom Harrington puts Canada’s leading lawn care company to the test. He finds hundreds of homeowners who are fighting back at what they say are high-pressure sales tactics, and talks to three Canadians who are refusing to pay for lawn care service they say they never ordered.
The Fifth Estate, CBC – The House of Shafia
The fifth estate investigates the tragic and haunting story of four women found dead inside a submerged car at the bottom of a shallow canal in Kingston, Ontario.
The Firm, Global – “Chapter Seven – Brotherly Love”
Mitch must convince his client (Andrew Jenkins) to go against his own brother who is the co-defendant, and become a witness for the prosecution. Meanwhile, Tammy turns up the heat on a potential ally, Martin Moxon (Stuart Hughes) to help explain his cryptic clue in the Sarah Holt case.
Museum Secrets, History Television – “National Museum of Anthropology, Mexico City, MEXICO”
This impressive modern museum, visited by 2 million people every year, tells the story of Mexico from before the Aztec civilization to the Spanish conquest. Uncover with MUSEUM SECRETS: A chemical engineer and some Mexican athletes help Museum Secrets discover whether the rubber ball used on the ancient Aztec playing field contained a human skull.
Caution: May Contain Nuts, APTN – “Jesus and the Death of Puffy Greenscale”
Tune in for the Season Finale of CAUTION: May Contain Nuts tonight at 9pm ET/MT. Fan favourites Delmer and Marta (www.delmerandmarta.com), are visited by guest star Adam Beach (Cowboys & Aliens, Arctic Air, Combat Hospital), who gives them a new home as part of “Extreme Reservation Renovation”. The death of one of the last living dragons, Puffy Greenscale is investigated, the distinct difference between Mars Bars and bars on the planet Mars is explained and the legend of San Fran and the Bottle Dance is re-enacted as a musical. Finally we discover not only is Jesus full of the Holy Spirit, but he drinks a hell of a lot of Rouge Cow energy drinks. Also be sure to check out www.nutsonline.tv for some more insightful wisdom from Jesus.
From a media release:
TOP CHEF CANADA RETURNS FOR SOPHOMORE SEASON WHERE ONLY ONE WILL TASTE THE GLORY
- New Competitors and Guest Judges Revealed for Food Network’s #1 Show
- New Season Premieres March 12, 2012 at 10pm ET/PT
Together with Insight Production Company Ltd., Food Network Canada is bringing its top rated series back for a second season with bigger, more intense challenges and surprise twists that take 16 new chefs out of their comfort zones and into the country’s fiercest food fight. The new season of Top Chef Canada will premiere March 12, 2012 at 10pm ET/PT exclusively on Food Network Canada.
Top Chef Canada will challenge 16 competitors’ culinary skills to see who can cut it as Canada’s Top Chef, taking home the grand prize of $100,000 sponsored by SpongeTowels® paper towels and a GE Monogram kitchen worth $30,000. Hosted by celebrated actress and self-confessed foodie Lisa Ray, the competition is judged by Head Judge, Chef and restaurateur, Mark McEwan, as well as Resident Judge and LA restaurateur, Shereen Arazm.
Season two of Top Chef Canada ups the stakes in this competition, delivering addictive drama that will inspire viewers to cheer on their favourite competitors each week. The 16 chosen competitors hail from far and wide across Canada with unique culinary backgrounds and expertise.
- Joel Aubie, 27, Tofino, BC (Originally Bathurst, NB)
- Trevor Bird, 28, Vancouver, BC (Originally Montreal, QC)
- David Chrystian, 37, Toronto, ON (Originally Toronto, ON)
- Gabriell Cruz, 25, Dundas, ON (Originally Hamilton, ON)
- Ryan Gallagher, 33, Toronto, ON (Originally Toronto, ON)
- Kunal Ghose, 39, Victoria, BC (Originally Victoria, BC)
- Carl Heinrich, 26, Toronto, ON (Originally Sooke, BC)
- Jonathan Korecki, 27, Ottawa, ON (Originally Caledon, ON)
- Xavier Lacaze, 30, Calgary, AB (Originally Auch, France)
- Curtis Luk, 28, Ottawa, ON (Originally Markham, ON)
- Sergio Mattoscio, 30, Montreal, QC (Originally Montreal, QC)
- Elizabeth Rivasplata, 31, Toronto, ON (Originally Lima, Peru)
- Trista Sheen, 29, Toronto, ON (Originally Toronto, ON)
- Jimmy Stewart, 23, Whistler, BC (Originally North Vancouver, BC)
- William Thompson, 30, Caledonia, ON (Originally Caledonia, ON)
- Sarah Tsai, 30, Toronto, ON (Originally Taipei, Taiwan)
A taste of some of the esteemed guest judges this season includes: Chef Marcus Samuelson (Top Chef Masters winner), Mike Holmes (Holmes on Homes, Canada’s Handyman Challenge); Toronto Maple Leaf forward Colby Armstrong; actor Alan Thicke; Spencer “Spenny” Rice (Kenny vs. Spenny); and country music star Johnny Reid.