From a media release:
The Uluit: Champions of the North
- A five-part APTN documentary series about the real lives of an Inuit women’s hockey team
Arnait Video Productions and Rotating Planet are pleased to announce the premiere of the TV series, The Uluit: Champions of the North, on APTN. Starting March 9th for most viewers – see broadcast dates below.
The Uluit: Champions of the North is a five-episode documentary series about an all-female Inuit hockey team in Inukjuak, Nunavik, a northern Quebec town of 1500 people. Filmed over the course of one year, this remarkable group of mothers, daughters, grandmothers, sisters and friends come together for the love of the game where troubles are left on the sidelines. The Uluit, in addition to being star athletes, fiercely inspire and deeply impact their community serving as teachers, midwives, students and social workers.
The Uluit: Champions of the North provides a rare view into the victory as well as the struggle faced by a culture and community steeped in tradition yet living among the demands and changes of a modern world. Each episode weaves together intimate portraits of these diverse Inuit women embraced by the beauty of the land that surrounds them.
Broadcast Dates Starting:
- March 7th – 8:30pm on APTN (North Feed)
- March 8th – 12:30pm on APTN (HD Feed)
- March 9th – 8:30pm on APTN (East Feed)
- March 9th – 8:30pm on APTN (West Feed)
Latest posts by Diane Wild (see all)
- The legacy of Denis McGrath - March 24, 2017
- Crash Gallery returns for a colourful, chaotic second season - February 5, 2017
- Myth or Science: The Secrets of our Senses comes to The Nature of Things - January 18, 2017