From a media release:
Twenty Remain as the First Two Dancers Hang Up their Dancing Shoes on CTV’s SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE CANADA
- Guest judges Rex Harrington and Mary Murphy join Jean Marc Genereux and Tré Armstrong behind the judge’s desk July 18 and 19
- Slumdog Millionaire choreographer Longinus Fernandes to choreograph the Top 20 group number assisted by Season 2 Favourite Dancer Tara-Jean Popowich
It was announced tonight ADAM Asselin-Rioux (20), a Contemporary dancer from Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, QC and CASSANDRA Flammini (18), a Jazz dancer from Toronto, ON would be the first to leave the SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE CANADA stage. The results were revealed live during tonight’s broadcast after host Leah Miller revealed the three couples with the lowest number of votes. The 20 remaining dancers will take to the stage on Monday, July 18 at 8 p.m. ET on CTV (go to ctv.ca to confirm local listings).
The bottom three couples who performed their solos for Canada this week were CASSANDRA and FRANÇOIS Pruneau (26), a Ballroom dancer from Trois-Rivières, QC, who performed a sensual Rumba; LAUREN Lyn (24), a Salsa dancer from Toronto, ON and RODRIGO Basurto (26), a Hip-Hop dancer from Toronto, ON, who performed a street style Cha Cha routine, as well as ADAM A and GEISHA Chin (19), a Contemporary dancer from Toronto, ON, who lit up the stage with a New Disco routine. Following the reveal, each dancer had the opportunity to dance for their lives before the judges deliberated and decided that ADAM A and CASSANDRA would be eliminated from the competition.
Also, in a surprise announcement, ADAM A has been invited to come directly to Finals Week next season due to the fact that he reinjured his hip before Monday night’s Performance show. ADAM A joined the Top 22 following the shocking departure of MOSES Layco due to a shoulder ligament injury which forced him to withdraw from the competition.
Opening tonight’s show was a sexy “situation”: a hard-hitting, Hip-Hop group number choreographed by judge Luther Brown. Wearing colourful, old school style costumes, the Top 22 partnered as they got “On The Floor” to the #1 hit by Jennifer Lopez featuring Pitbull.
Performing next week on Monday, July 18 at 8 p.m. ET on CTV (go to ctv.ca to confirm local listings) in front of judges Jean Marc Genereux and Tré Armstrong as well as guest judges Rex Harrington and Mary Murphy are:
1. ADAM LoPapa (19), a Jazz dancer from Woodbridge, ON
2. CARLENA Britch (20), a Hip-Hop and Locking dancer from Vancouver, BC
3. CHRISTIAN Millette (28), a Ballroom dancer from Montreal, QC
4. DENITSA Ikonomova (24), a Ballroom dancer from Laval, QC
5. Dwayne “BONELESS” Gulston (23), a Hip-Hop and Popping dancer from Toronto, ON
6. FRANÇOIS Pruneau (26), a Ballroom dancer from Trois-Rivières, QC
7. GEISHA Chin (19), a Contemporary dancer from Toronto, ON
8. JOEY Arrigo (19), a Contemporary dancer from Newmarket, ON
9. JORDAN Clark (19), a Contemporary dancer from Tottenham, ON
10. JP Dubé (19), a Hip-Hop dancer from Montreal, QC
11. KEVIN Howe (22), a Contemporary dancer from Ottawa, ON
12. LAUREN Lyn (24), a Salsa dancer from Toronto, ON
13. LINDSAY Leuschner (19), a Contemporary dancer from Stouffville, ON
14. MATT Marr (20), a Contemporary from Quispamsis, NB
15. MELISSA Mitro (23), a Contemporary dancer from Richmond Hill, ON
16. RODRIGO Basurto (26), a Hip-Hop dancer from Toronto, ON
17. SHANE Simpson (23), a Jazz dancer from Thornhill, ON
18. SHELAINA Anderson (20), a Contemporary dancer from Edmonton, AB
19. TEYA Wild (23), a Hip-Hop dancer from North Vancouver, BC
20. YULIYA Zavadska (29), a Latin dancer from Toronto, ON
Next week, the Top 20 will work with choreographers Luther Brown, Blake McGrath, Sean Cheesman, Sabrina Matthews, Tucker Barkley, Gustavo Vargas, Danny Arbour, Pierre Allaire, jaeblaze and Maria Torres.
Latest posts by Diane Wild (see all)
- Exhibitionists exposes arts programming to CBC - October 9, 2016
- The age of abundant consultation - October 5, 2016
- Chris Haddock finds the heart of The Romeo Section for Season 2 - October 5, 2016