From a media release:
26th Annual Gemini Awards presenter lineup loaded with homegrown heavyweights as the stars come out to play
The CBC and the Academy of Canadian Cinema & Television (ACCT) are pleased to announce the presenter line up for the 26th ANNUAL GEMINI AWARDS taking place on September 7, 2011 at 8 p.m. (8:30 NT) During the one-hour prime time special, host Russell Peters will be joined by the leading actors of Canada’s hottest shows, including Jason Priestley from Call Me Fitz, Yannick Bisson from Murdoch Mysteries, Callum Keith Rennie from the breakout series Shattered, Craig Olejnik from The Listener, and Hugh Dillon from Durham County and Flashpoint.
Other confirmed presenters include:
- Legendary comedic actress, Catherine O’Hara
- How I Met Your Mother’s sitcom superstar Alan Thicke
- Talk show host George Stroumboulopoulos
- Host of So You Think You Can Dance Canada, Leah Miller
- Olympic Figure Skater and Battle of the Blades contestant Marie-France Dubreuil
- Rising stars Munro Chambers and Annie Clark from Degrassi
- Host of CBC’s upcoming show Cover Me Canada, Nicole Appleton
The 26th ANNUAL GEMINI AWARDS will air live on CBC in a special one-hour broadcast. With an already impressive list of presenters, expect a jam packed show, full of spectacular visuals and incredible musical performances, which are to be announced later this week.
Date: Wednesday, September 7, 2011
Time: 8 p.m. ET (8:30 NT) on CBC
Where: CBC Studios (tune in nationwide)
Fans can also experience the show from a unique perspective online, alongside digital host Tom Green, in the Tom Green Room. The live stream begins at 7 p.m. ET at cbc.ca/live and will be available On Demand as a digital companion to the 8 p.m. (8:30 NT) television broadcast.
Launched by the Academy of Canadian Cinema & Television in 1986, The Gemini Awards honour outstanding achievements in the Canadian English-language television and new media industries. The Gemini Awards bring together over 2,500 of Canada’s most gifted craftspeople, producers and decision-makers over several evenings of special events.
For a complete list of nominations, see www.geminiawards.ca/
Latest posts by Diane Wild (see all)
- The legacy of Denis McGrath - March 24, 2017
- Crash Gallery returns for a colourful, chaotic second season - February 5, 2017
- Myth or Science: The Secrets of our Senses comes to The Nature of Things - January 18, 2017