From a media release:
This just in! Final Numeris data confirms that a combined audience of 379,000 viewers has tuned into the premiere episode of THE BEAVERTON since its November 9 debut on The Comedy Network. With an average audience of 189,000 viewers during its broadcast premiere timeslot, Comedy was the most-watched specialty channel in Canada for A25-54 (102,000 viewers), and the most-watched entertainment specialty channel for A18-49 (101,000 viewers). To date, the premiere episode has reached a total of 724,000 unique viewers across all airings.
During its Nov. 9 broadcast debut, #TheBeaverton was among the Top 10 trending topics on Twitter in Canada, alongside hashtags related to the American election. Worldwide #TheBeaverton has garnered an estimated 18.7 million impressions to date.
Across Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter, the teaser clip for the debut episode “Obituary for America” has garnered nearly 900,000 views with nearly half a million views in just its first 12 hours of being published. To date, 19 various in-show and web exclusive clips of THE BEAVERTON have racked up more than 4 million views across Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
Since its premiere, the Top 3 BEAVERTON clips on social media are:
3) Rachel Notley Caught in Yet Another Scandal with nearly 344,000 views
2) With 683,000 views, “The Donald Trump Apocalypse Begins” became the #11 trending video on YouTube, and also landed on the front pages of reddit.com and uproxx.com
1) The series’ most-watched clip to date, 5 War Atrocities Only 90s Kids Remember, has garnered nearly 708,000 views.
On tonight’s episode of THE BEAVERTON, (Wednesday, Nov. 23 at 10:30 p.m. ET/PT), shocking new insights into the world of ISIS are revealed, Aisha Alfa looks at the Liberal sex-ed curriculum, and Canada ponders a new currency.
A so-called televised adaptation of the immensely popular online satirical site TheBeaverton.com, THE BEAVERTON files fake news stories of the utmost importance, informed by real events, the cultural zeitgeist, and national news media. With nearly 7.5 million views in 2016 and averaging more than half a million unique visitors a month, TheBeaverton.com has become a go-to source for Canadian satire. Viewers who need a daily-dose of biting Canadian satire can check in with TheBeaverton.com or follow @TheBeaverton for hourly updates.
THE BEAVERTON airs Wednesdays at 10:30 p.m. ET/PT exclusively on The Comedy Network.
Latest posts by Greg David (see all)
- Canada’s Worst Driver and Tougher Than It Looks crash onto Discovery - October 22, 2017
- Preview: A sequential killer stalks Toronto on Murdoch Mysteries - October 21, 2017
- Link: Camille Sullivan Talks The Disappearance - October 21, 2017