From the Writers Guild of Canada:
Olympic Games Launch Pad: New CTV Original Series HICCUPS, DAN FOR MAYOR, and THE BRIDGE Get Post-Olympic Games Premieres
- Brent Butt, Nancy Robertson and Fred Ewanuick return in HICCUPS and DAN FOR MAYOR, March 1
- Aaron Douglas heats up Friday Nights in new police drama THE BRIDGE, March 5
CTV announced today it has strategically scheduled three new Original Canadian series to debut next month, immediately following the conclusion of the VANCOUVER 2010 OLYMPIC WINTER GAMES. The three series will benefit from weeks of promotion during what is to be one of the most-watched television events of the year.
From Joel Rubinoff of the Waterloo Record:
- There’s a new Mayor in town
“He is, in his own words, ‘that guy from that show,’ and as he observes the filming of a new Canadian sitcom in which Kitchener-Waterloo stands in for the fictional Canadian city of Wessex, it’s hard to believe he’s the star.” Read more.
From a media release:
Production Underway on CTV Original Comedy Series DAN FOR MAYOR
- CORNER GAS’ Fred Ewanuick leads comic cast currently shooting in Toronto, Kitchener and Waterloo, ON
- Creative team helmed by three of Canada’s most-respected writers
CTV and The Comedy Network, in association with Sad Glasses and QVF Inc., announced today that production is underway on the original Canadian comedy series, DAN FOR MAYOR in Toronto, Kitchener and Waterloo, ON. Starring CORNER GAS and ROBSON ARMS alumnus Fred Ewanuick as the lead character Dan, the 13, 30-minute episode series will continue principal photography through November.
From Cassandra Szklarski of the Canadian Press:
- ‘Gas’ alum Fred Ewanuick delves into hapless mayoral race in ‘Dan For Mayor’
“It looks like Corner Gas’s Fred Ewanuick is on his way to becoming Canada’s most pervasive sitcom slacker. The affable actor dives into his latest role as a 30-something loafer this summer when he begins shooting his upcoming comedy, Dan For Mayor, an ensemble piece from the writers behind Gas.” Read more.