From a media release:
Alberta Native Soars to the Top As Canada’s Favourite Dancer on SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE CANADA
- After close to three million votes, VINCENT is the runner-up
- Season 3 Audition Tour begins in Toronto November 14 before travelling to Montreal for the weekend of November 28 and Vancouver on December 5
- An encore of the SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE CANADA finale to air on MuchMusic Sunday, November 1 at 6 p.m. ET
- SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE CANADA Top 10 Tour kicks off in Kelowna, BC on November 25
Canada has watched her Jive, Salsa, Quick Step, Rumba, Mambo and Hustle to the top and following tonight’s gripping SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE CANADA second season finale, CTV congratulates TARA-JEAN Popowich, on becoming Canada’s Favourite Dancer. Host Leah Miller announced live that TARA-JEAN, 20, a Contemporary dancer from Lethbridge, AB received the majority of close to three million votes cast during the countrywide poll on Tuesday night and therefore claims the title of Canada’s Favourite Dancer and the grand prize of $100,000 as well as the keys to a brand new 2010 Mazda 3 Sport.
Fellow Top 4 finalist VINCENT Desjardins, 20, a Ballroom dancer from Trois-RiviÃ¨res, QB, was declared the runner-up and also receives the keys to his very own 2010 Mazda 3 Sport. TARA-JEAN and VINCENT along with fellow Top 4 Finalists EVERETT Smith, 25, a Tap dancer from Glen Morris, ON., JAYME RAE Dailey, 21, a Contemporary dancer from Montreal, QB., and the remaining dancers from the Top 20, all took to the stage during the two-hour live extravaganza broadcast on CTV.
TARA-JEAN has been winning Canada’s hearts and votes since her audition in Saint John, NB., earlier this spring. During her time on the show, TARA-JEAN has demonstrated her versatility on stage tackling everything from Contemporary to House to Samba with the same dedication, skill and flare for performance. Best known for her determination, gracious demeanour, hard work and perseverance, TARA-JEAN has been praised by the judges for being a true performer and an inspiration to dancers everywhere. During the Top 4 performance show, SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE CANADA Judge Blake McGrath comments to TARA-JEAN foreshadowed the big win when he said, â€œThere’s something very, very important you need in this competition to win. It’s called star quality, and baby you have it!â€
Latest posts by Diane Wild (see all)
- Exhibitionists exposes arts programming to CBC - October 9, 2016
- The age of abundant consultation - October 5, 2016
- Chris Haddock finds the heart of The Romeo Section for Season 2 - October 5, 2016