From a media release:
“CANADA SINGS!” A GLEE CLUB SHOWDOWN IN THE WORKPLACE
- PRODUCTION UNDER WAY FOR GLOBAL’S ALL-NEW ORIGINAL SIX-PART SERIES
Can an office that works together sing together? Global posed the question last summer when it announced Canada Sings!, a truly original series that challenged Canadians to form workplace glee clubs and battle it out in competition for their charity of choice. The teams have been selected and routines decided upon, so now the hard work begins.
Over the next few weeks, cameras will be rolling to capture every second as each team struggles to transition from co-workers to cast members – from the unsteady days of rehearsal to the polished performances. Luckily the newly formed glee clubs will be assisted by world class choreographers Christian Vincent (Dance Captain for Madonna’s “Drowned World Tour”) and Kelly Konno (Michael Bublé’s “Feeling Good” music video) as well as professional vocal coaches Scott Henderson (founding member of Juno®-nominated R&B group, The EarthTONES) and Sharron Matthews (“The Music Man,” “Hairspray: The Movie”).
The workplace glee clubs that are gearing up to hone their skills include:
- Air Canada
- Boiler House Restaurant
- Eric Hamber Secondary School
- Good Life Fitness
- Hamilton Police
- Just Energy
- Lone Wolf Real Estate Technologies
- Scarborough General Hospital
- The Keg
- Toronto Fire Department
Complete details for Canada Sings! including glee club members, show host, celebrity judges and broadcast date will be announced in the coming months.
Latest posts by Diane Wild (see all)
- Exhibitionists exposes arts programming to CBC - October 9, 2016
- The age of abundant consultation - October 5, 2016
- Chris Haddock finds the heart of The Romeo Section for Season 2 - October 5, 2016