From a media release:
MORE TO COME FROM AWARD-WINNING SERIES
- Blackstone ‘Green Lit’ for Season 2
Prairie Dog Film + Television is thrilled to announce a second season of Blackstone has been ‘green lit’ and is now in full development. Producers received the news on the eve of Blackstone winning three Rosies at the Alberta Film & Television Awards on May 28.
Following the first season’s cliffhanger finale, Season 2 of Blackstone will commence after the strip club shooting, and continue to delve into the tumultuous lives of the residents on the Blackstone Indian Reserve. Production of the new series will commence this summer, on location in Edmonton and rural Alberta.
The 37th annual Alberta Film & Television Awards (aka The Rosies) were handed out during a sold-out gala in Edmonton over the weekend. Celebrating excellence and outstanding achievement in Albertan film, television and new media, The Rosies honoured Blackstone with three awards:
- Best Production Reflecting Cultural Diversity
- Best Alberta Actress (Roseanne Supernault)
- Best Screenwriter Drama Over 30 (Ron E. Scott)
Blackstone was nominated in a total of nine categories at The Rosies. It has also been nominated in five categories at the 2011 Leo Awards, which take place June 11 in Vancouver.
Latest posts by Diane Wild (see all)
- The legacy of Denis McGrath - March 24, 2017
- Crash Gallery returns for a colourful, chaotic second season - February 5, 2017
- Myth or Science: The Secrets of our Senses comes to The Nature of Things - January 18, 2017