From a media release:
City Adds Seven Original Canadian Series to 2013-14 Prime-Time Schedule
- Newly commissioned reality series Meet the Family joins prime-time schedule this fall
- Multi-camera original comedy Package Deal gets new, fall prime-time timeslot
- Seed renewed for Season 2; returns with 13 half-hour episodes in 2014
- Mother Up! with Eva Longoria joins mid-season schedule in 2014
- Three OLN original series – Storage Wars Canada, The Project: Guatemala and returning hit The Liquidator – to also air on City this fall
Marking the most robust lineup of original Canadian programming the network has ever produced, City today announced seven original series – five new and two returning – join the network’s 2013-14 prime-time schedule.
The announcement was made today as part of Rogers Media’s 2013 Upfront presentation.
Scripted original comedy Package Deal is part of City’s winning comedy block on Mondays this fall, airing at 8:30 p.m. ET. Three all-new original reality series, Storage Wars Canada, The Project: Guatemala, and the newly commissioned Meet the Family, also air on City in prime time this fall, as does OLN’s hit returning original series The Liquidator. Beginning mid-season, new original animated adult comedy series Mother Up!, starring and executive produced by Eva Longoria, will air exclusively on North American television on City.
Along with the new schedule, City announced today it has greenlit Season 2 of its original single-camera, sperm-donor comedy Seed, with an additional 13 half-hour episodes from Vancouver-based Force Four Productions. Premiering to critical acclaim this past February, Seed returns to Halifax this summer to begin production. Recognized for its rich characters, quick-wit, and edgy writing, Seed has been nominated for an international 2013 Banff Rockie Award in the category of Best Sitcom.
For all its originals, City will have a strong digital presence with live chats, blogs, bloopers, and exclusive video content for web that will engage and enhance the viewing experience.
In addition to these seven original series, The Bachelor Canada – the #1 new Canadian show and a top 10 new show in Canada for last fall* – begins production on Season 2 in 2014. A guilty pleasure for all women, the show is slated to air in fall 2014 and will engage across multiple platforms with more co-viewing and dual-screen experiences.
Image by Derek Langer
Latest posts by Diane Wild (see all)
- Rick Mercer ponders what’s next - September 20, 2016
- Link: Oh goody, Real Housewives is coming to Toronto - June 10, 2016
- Link: Orphan Black gears up for an explosive finale - June 10, 2016