From a media release:
08-29-13: OLN Unlocks Broadcast Details for New Original Series Storage Wars Canada
- The 36-episode, half-hour original reality series premieres Thursday, Aug. 29 at 9 p.m. ET/PT on OLN
- Storage Wars Canada makes its exclusive Canadian debut with a sneak-peek screening at Fan Expo Canada 2013 on Saturday, Aug. 24 in Toronto
- OLN.ca features premium Storage Wars Canada extras including live chats and exclusive webisodes
A modern-day treasure hunt based on the smash-hit Storage Wars franchise, Storage Wars Canada cuts its inaugural lock Thursday, Aug. 29 at 9 p.m. ET/PT (check local listings) on OLN. The half-hour homegrown reality series follows six professional bidders who use their combined knowledge, expertise, and wit to bid on the contents of abandoned, repossessed, and forgotten storage containers. In each of the of the 36 uniquely Canadian episodes, watch as the auction-goers attempt to outbid each other – uncovering everything from grand pianos and rare antiques, to sex toys and vintage riding crops.
The battle for the biggest payout heats up this August with the previously announced Storage Wars Canada cast, including: self-taught, veteran auctioneer Don Reinhart, no-nonsense buyer Roy Dirnbeck – “The Instigator,” fashionista Ursula Stolf – “The Knock-out,” long-time bidders Cindy Hayden and Rick Coffill – “The Veterans,” and father-and-son duo Paul and Bogart Kenny – “High-roller and the Kid.”
In the series premiere entitled “Northern Lights. Northern Fights,” the buyers travel to Aurora, where they hope to uncover a wealth of treasures. Roy spots something unusual that may give him the upper hand, and Rick and Cindy find something that needs closer inspection. Father-and-son duo Paul and Bogart are played for suckers, and Ursula quickly learns “there are no friends at auction.”
In advance of the eagerly awaited series debut on August 29, Fan Expo 2013 attendees can be the first to watch the Storage Wars Canada world premiere at an exclusive sneak-peek screening on Saturday, Aug. 24 at the super fan event in Toronto. Held at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre, the screening will be followed by a panel and autograph session with the cast. Additional details to be announced in the coming weeks.
Ensuring super fans don’t miss a single find this season, OLN.ca will feature a comprehensive episode guide, live chats with series stars, photo galleries, and exclusive webisodes. Plus, the Storage Wars Canada cast will be live tweeting with fans and giving behind-the-scenes scoops on their best finds throughout the season.
Latest posts by Diane Wild (see all)
- Shoot The Messenger in production for CBC - September 2, 2015
- Thank you! Kids Help Phone auction raised more than $8400 - September 2, 2015
- Daniel Morton’s The Traveller travels to Victoria and Vancouver (sponsored post) - September 1, 2015